INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IK multimedia Arc 2 plugin  (Read 5059 times)

gtononi

IK multimedia Arc 2 plugin
« on: March 22, 2015, 07:02:19 pm »

I am trying to migrate from Audirvana 2.010 to JR for Mac latest version, but I need to use my plugins from Arc 2 for room correction. If I try to load the .arc2 file in DSP studio it is grey, if I change the extension to .vst it says failed to install. What am I doing wrong. The file is perfectly visible and usable from within Audirvana. Thanks

SavantGarde

• Recent member
Re: IK multimedia Arc 2 plugin
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 11:17:23 am »

Audirvana supports only Audio Unit plugins. MC supports only VST plugins. Thus you cannot use the plugin files you used with Audirvana with MC. You have to download the VST versions of the plugins you want to use with MC from the plugin manufacturers' web sites. (Changing the file extension of the plugin file to "vst" doesn't transform the plugin to a VST plugin …)

gtononi

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 09:20:10 am »

Thanks SavantGarde. The problem is that IK Multimedia Arc 2 is supposed to create room correction files that are vst compatible. Their extension is .arc2. I can read them in with Audirvana and PureMusic, but not with MC, although according to IK Arc 2 I should

arin

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 11:03:25 am »

Hi gtononi,
I use ARC2 with JR every day on both Mac and Windows and never had problems.
When you install ARC2 on Mac, usually both the VST and the Audio Unit (Components) are installed. You simply have to add the VST ARC2 plug-in in the DSPStudio of JR, have it checked to enable it and then from the plug-in window choose your filter in the Measurement menu.
The Measurement files, those with the .arc2 extension, usually are stored in ~/Documents/IK Multimedia/ARC System 2/Measurements: that way they are available from within the plug-in itself in the Measurement menu.
Those measurement files are available for both plug-in versions, VST and AU.

Hope this might help you…

Regards

arin

gtononi

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 10:34:02 am »

Thanks Arin. When I run ARC, I do not see an option to save measurement files into either AU or VST format. It simply saves an .arc2 file, which show up in the Mac directory as an executable (older arc files )arc 1) show up as arrive, but they do not work either with MC, while they work perfectly fine with Audirvana and PureMusic. Do you see an option to save arc files in different formats from within arc, and do you see two types of measurement files?

Many thanks

arin

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2015, 04:49:07 am »

Hi gtononi!
The only way I know and ever used to save measurements in ARC2 is using the application "ARC 2 Measurement" that is installed automatically when you install the ARC2 package.
This application makes the actual measurement through the microphone included in the package and generates the measurement file.
If the measurement procedure is followed correctly, when exiting the "ARC 2 Measurement" application, the measurement file (.arc2) is saved exactly where I told you in my previous post.
And from there it can be read by all kind of ARC2 plug-ins the IKMultimedia package installs during the install process (VST, AU, AAX, DPM) and can be selected in the Measurement menu through the plug-in window. No need to deal directly with the measurement file at all!
The detailed instructions that come with the IKMultimedia package explain all the details about installing procedure, measurement and access to measurement presets through the plug-in.

Hope this can be of any help…

Cheers

arin

gtononi

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 08:35:36 am »

Thanks again Arin: That is exactly how I saved my measurement files, in exactly the same directory. and as I said I can load them with Audirvana and PureMusic. It is just when I start MediaCenter and go to DSP, manage plugins, and try to open the same measurement files, that they are all greyed out and MC hangs up and  I cannot open the Arc monitor. I must be doing something wrong with MC, then. I am using version  20.0.87 (I think I tried a version 19 too with the same problem). May I ask you which sequence of actions you take within MC to get it working? Sorry for th long thread

arin

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 12:45:26 pm »

Hi gtononi,
no special sequence: the very first time I installed ARC2, I made the measurement with the measurement application then I opened JRiver and went into the DSPStudio window and from there I added the ARC2 VST plug-in using the "Manage Plug-ins…" menu and checked it to enable it. Then start playback and choose the measurement I saved before from the Measurement menu in the plug-in window.
Please make sure that the music is playing on the zone you are using ARC2 on as the plug-in sometimes doesn't let you open a preset if no music is played through it.

Hope this might help you solve your problem…

Cheers

arin
Pages: [1]   Go Up