INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new slave HD  (Read 707 times)

Wolcott

• Recent member
new slave HD
« on: March 25, 2015, 10:57:19 pm »

I just installed a new secondary hard drive because I ran out of room on my C: drive (Window 7).  I now have a 2TB F: drive.  JRiver V.20 can't find the files unless I browse each album, and I have over 600 albums.  I couldn't figure out how to point it to the new drive after trying several options under library.  It seemed like I should be able to point it to a new drive and have it create a library from all the music files there, just like it did the first time I installed JRiver.  But it kept insisting on pointing to an empty directory.  So I uninstalled the program and the library figuring when I reinstalled it, it would create a new library like it magically did the first time I installed it.  Instead, I now have a library with about 1/3 of the album covers displayed and many recent albums not listed, even when I do a search for the album name, and the albums all point to the old location on the C: drive.  If I go into the F: drive and open the file, it correctly displays the cover and plays the song.  How do I start over from scratch and get it to create a new library using the My Music folder on the F: drive?  I seem to be making one bad decision after another.  Help!

ferday

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: new slave HD
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 11:17:57 pm »

Tools>import

Tell MC to look for the new folder(s) on the new drive.  Once you press ok it'll find them all

Wolcott

• Recent member
Re: new slave HD
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 11:30:35 pm »

OK that worked.  Is there a way to reset the Resent Albums view?  I'd like to clean it out completely and start fresh.  What is is showing now doesn't make sense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up