INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is JRiver able to switch Samplerates in DSP Convolver?  (Read 2686 times)

ZZTop

• Recent member
Is JRiver able to switch Samplerates in DSP Convolver?
« on: May 09, 2015, 06:40:11 am »

Hi Folks

got a problen with "automatically switch filters based on input format" for my correction filters. Seems JRiver does not switch the samplerates automatically despite it acts as if it would.

I created .wav-files for every samplerate with acourate and  for each one a .cfg-file. So I have six correction-wav(44,1 48, 88,2 96, 176, 192) and six corresponding .cfg files.

Seems erverything works fine, at least JRiver always shows convolving active. BUT even if there is no 192 correction-wav there comes no error when I play a 192 file. ?

Can anyone using JRiver for convolving confirm this behavior?

ZZ

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Is JRiver able to switch Samplerates in DSP Convolver?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 07:18:53 am »

Check out the wiki: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Convolution

JRiver will automatically resample your existing filters to other sample rates, but it will also switch between different sample rate filters that you provided, but they have to be named in the exact format described in the wiki.

ZZTop

• Recent member

Thanks for the quick respond. Your link is not working.
I did it exactly like in this page
http://convolver.sourceforge.net/configegs.html
exept I dont have LeftIR.wav and RightIR.wav but for each sample rate a stereo correction wav. ( Cor1S44.wav). The refering cfg-file is in the same folder and called "Kipsch 280 orgFG441.cfg"
and contains the following:

44100 2 2 0
0 0
0 0
D:\Acourate\klipsch 280\CVP 280RP\Org FG\Cor1S44.wav

Everything correct?

ZZ

edit:
I made an other experiment.
I changed the Cor1S44.wav for a 1khz-filter with te same name. all the other .wav ang .cfg remain untouched.
Activating the Cor1S44 with my "Kipsch 280 orgFG441.cfg" activates the 1khz filter. The 44.1-sample rate album sounds very muddy, like it should with an 1khz filter.
So far OK. But whe I now play a 96-sample rate album the filter keeps active. :(
So ther is no switching. My JRiver keeps using the Cor1S44.wav and is upsampling.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 07:50:05 am »

This is probably the link mwillems wanted:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Convolution

I changed it above.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 07:55:52 am »

Thanks Jim!  It's early and my daughter is "helping" me type  ;D'

Thanks for the quick respond. Your link is not working.
I did it exactly like in this page
http://convolver.sourceforge.net/configegs.html
exept I dont have LeftIR.wav and RightIR.wav but for each sample rate a stereo correction wav. ( Cor1S44.wav). The refering cfg-file is in the same folder and called "Kipsch 280 orgFG441.cfg"
and contains the following:

44100 2 2 0
0 0
0 0

Everything correct?

ZZ

Your config filenames are not in the correct format.  Have a look at the now corrected wiki link.  They need to be in the format "Name Channels_SampleRate," so you'd want your config files to end in 2.0_441.cfg, etc.

ZZTop

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 07:59:55 am »

Thanks for caring.

I made an other experiment.
I changed the Cor1S44.wav for a 1khz-filter with te same name. all the other .wav ang .cfg remain untouched.
Activating the Cor1S44 with my "Kipsch 280 orgFG441.cfg" activates the 1khz filter. The 44.1-sample rate album sounds very muddy, like it should with an 1khz filter.
So far OK. But whe I now play a 96-sample rate album the filter keeps active. Sad
So ther is no switching. My JRiver keeps using the Cor1S44.wav and is upsampling.

Or is my mistake that I named my files "Kipsch 280 orgFG441.cfg"?  Do I have to name them "Kipsch280 _2.0_441.cfg"?

ZZTop

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 08:13:45 am »

Thank you!  Now I got it working. They have to be named  ..._2.0_441.cfg
I thought this "Name2.0_441.cfg"  was just an example and it was just important to use the correct filter rate....

Thanks again! Great support!!

ZZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up