INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NAS connection issues  (Read 1121 times)

Casey

NAS connection issues
« on: March 25, 2015, 07:48:11 am »

I have setup a synology NAS and am playing JRiver from a surface pro 3 to a Devialet. When I first turn on the surface it doesnt work - I get the following "something went wrong with playback - Details:the file could not be found. Check the library matches the file name on the disk." After a while (an hour or so) it will work. It is almost like it takes a long time to load?
Would appreciate any help.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: NAS connection issues
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 09:58:00 am »

I have setup a synology NAS and am playing JRiver from a surface pro 3 to a Devialet. When I first turn on the surface it doesnt work - I get the following "something went wrong with playback - Details:the file could not be found. Check the library matches the file name on the disk." After a while (an hour or so) it will work. It is almost like it takes a long time to load?
Would appreciate any help.

Have you mapped the NAS to a local drive letter?

Casey

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 10:01:21 am »

I have not - how do I do that?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 10:07:03 am »

I have not - how do I do that?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-shortcut-map-network-drive#1TC=windows-7

I'm not on my Win 8.1 machine so I cannot confirm if it's the same protocol.

Why would you want to do this? (rhetorical): I've found in the past that Windows networking will reestablish the network path faster if the drive is mapped, plus it will give you nice warnings about whether or not the NAS is accessible on bootup.

After mapping the drive, you'll need to point your MC library to it. First, make a library backup. Next, select all of your media, right-click, and go to Rename, Move, and Copy Files under Library Tools.

In there you will want to select 'update database to point to new location'. Under find and replace, replace your windows share paths (ex. \\YOUR-NAS\Media) with the new locally mapped drive letter (ex. Z:\). Make sure everything looks good in the preview window and click OK.

If this doesn't rectify the problem, you might want to mess with your NAS power settings such as the hard drive spin down interval.

Casey

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 10:10:08 am »

Thanks - I will try it when I get home

Casey

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 05:12:49 pm »

Mapped a new drive and it seemed to work right away. I shut it down and waited an hour or so and it seemed to work well again. There was a note (that disappeared quickly) about spinning drives....but it seemed to work. I have tie Ed it off and will try again in a couple of hours. Tomorrow I will explore the second part of your post - you help is very much appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up