INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I link a zone to a DLNA Renderer?  (Read 1805 times)

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
How do I link a zone to a DLNA Renderer?
« on: March 26, 2015, 07:53:45 am »

I have a Kitsound internet radio which I use as a DLNA renderer (I think.. ) to access an MC19 Generic DNLA server. Works fine, I can select tracks etc on the internet radio which play fine. Is it possible to use JRemote (to anything else) to push audio straight from the server to the device. I found a reference to a DNLA renderer being defined as a zone, but I can't seem to find where/how to do this. Sorry if this is a bit 101....

alglove

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: How do I link a zone to a DLNA Renderer?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 03:50:31 pm »

That's ok. Hopefully all that is required is a 101 answer. :)

As I understand the question, you are already able to play music from your MC19 server on your Kitsound, using the Kitsound to pick and choose the music to play. You just want to know how to control the music from within MC19, and eventually through the something like JRemote.

Ideally, the Kitsound DLNA renderer should show up automatically as just another zone in Media Center's "Playing Now" section. DLNA devices advertise themselves on the network; they should appear by themselves within a minute or two. (Maybe you've never gotten around to opening up the "Playing Now" section because you've never had a reason to. ;))

Assuming the Kitsound does show up as a zone under "Playing Now" (the default local zone is just called "Player"), then you can just select it by clicking on it, then send music or playlists or whatever you want. The music should then be sent over the network to the Kitsound.

Once you have that working, then you can use JRemote to do the same thing. I have never actually used JRemote (I have used Gizmo), but my understanding is that you would get into JRemote, connect to MC19 over the network, and then use JRemote to tell MC19 where to send the music.
Pages: [1]   Go Up