INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver stops playback and skips audio tracks  (Read 2849 times)

boot77

• Junior Woodchuck
JRiver stops playback and skips audio tracks
« on: March 07, 2015, 04:23:49 pm »

After running jriver problem free for several years I ran into a problem I can't figure out what causes it.

After playing several songs from a playlist the audio stops, jriver tries to play the next tack, which in most cases in unsuccesfull and then skipping a few more songs and picks up 5-8 songs futher down the playlist. jriver also might freeze.

I have upgrade the client and server to the latest version (20.0.80). Rebooted the server and client, but no luck. I don't now it is the client or the server.

I hope you can help me out or advise.

coolfriend693

• Recent member
Re: JRiver stops playback and skips audio tracks
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 03:08:17 pm »

Reinstall the program :)

boot77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 08:34:02 am »

I uninstalled JRiver on the server side, I left the reg keys and settings in place. Reinstalled the latest version from the form. Imported the library backup same result. I can now repeat the problem on more than one client.
I created a new library and imported only the audio files. All files needed files where imported correctly. I tested the same album and the problem still exists.

Repeatable example

600MB wav file with cue file. JRiver uses the cue file for the song index.
If I play track 3 it stops at 1:28 but the song is 1:36 sec long.
All next tracks are skipped after JRiver tried to play them, only the last track starts to play.

The wav file it self plays without a problem, so it's not corrupt or unplayable.

If I try to interact with JRiver during the hang-up, JRiver freezes and the program needs to be killed.

I added a log file. Please advice.
This log file is from a client running on my laptop with wifi. The log file above are from my htpc wired. I can repeate the problem on both clients.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 11:26:57 am »

There was an issue with CUE files in recent builds, which was fixed in 20.0.82. Can you confirm that you run a build newer than that?
You can find the latest on the top of the forums: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=96480.0
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

boot77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 11:49:13 am »

okay, after installing 20.0.80 and having the problem I switched to stable updates so did not upgrade to 20.0.82 on the client side, only the server recently hoping to solve the problem. But will upgrade the clients to see if it fixes the problem.

boot77

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 01:46:05 pm »

Jep the new version solved the problem, thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up