INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld device conversion question  (Read 978 times)

Loquah

• Recent member
Handheld device conversion question
« on: March 26, 2015, 08:02:45 pm »

Hi all,

I've just come to JRiver after many years with MediaMonkey so I'm still getting to know my way around. I've searched extensively for this answer so I really hope I haven't missed something obvious...

I have a portable player that works best (and almost solely) with 16-bit WAV files. I can setup conversion of all my redbook and MP3 files with no problems, but the conversion options in the handheld devices menu doesn't seem to give me the option to convert 24-bit files to 16-bit files. If I manually select to convert files via the "Library Tools" option I can select the desired bit depth, but this option appears to not exist for auto conversion for handhelds. Am I missing something? Is there any way around this?

Thanks!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Handheld device conversion question
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 09:04:20 pm »

Check to enable the DSP settings in the handheld conversion options. Then choose the desired output format in the handheld DSP options.

Loquah

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 10:12:41 pm »

Thanks, but as far as I can see this will let me choose only the sample rates (i.e. reducing from 96kHz to 44.1kHz), but not bit-rate. Am I missing something?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 11:36:51 am »

Thanks, but as far as I can see this will let me choose only the sample rates (i.e. reducing from 96kHz to 44.1kHz), but not bit-rate. Am I missing something?

Sorry, the bitrate settings used to be in the Output Format DSP, and I forgot they were moved to the audio section.

This should probably be a request for the developers to move that functionality back into the handheld conversion options.

Loquah

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 05:42:51 am »

That's OK - thanks for confirming for me  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up