INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using JRiver and a iPad mini can I control a NAS connected to a DAC?  (Read 1485 times)

irish2

I'm looking for a DAC and like the PS Audio wave with the network card option.  This will allow digital music files (FLAC and DSF) to be stored on a NAS to be streamed to the DAC.  The question I have is I do not want a laptop or computer in the music room I would like to stream from this NAS like I do Sonos.  I currently have a NAS with MPEG-4 files that I can create a playlist within Sonos and stream music to my system.  I would like to do that same thing but with the PS Audio unit and a mini IPad but no computer running.  Initially Sonos had to be loaded on my home computer to get started but does not need to be on or running to play music.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Using JRiver and a iPad mini can I control a NAS connected to a DAC?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 04:55:17 am »

You can't install JRiver on a NAS server (well should I say it is not supported). You could however use an inexpensive tiny and silent PC option. Have you read about the ID? http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=89084.0 Also Intel is coming out witht its stick.

These options would give you much control and no loss of functionality and normally cost less than the PS Audio bridge

EDIT: you could get a full i5 NUC set up for less than the Perfect wave bridge (looks like it sells for 800USD!) if you have their highend dac. This of course could be run headless (after set-up) and be controlled using the ipad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up