INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote control MC from Palm OS device?  (Read 1152 times)

lOth

• Citizen of the Universe
Remote control MC from Palm OS device?
« on: October 03, 2003, 06:09:52 pm »

I'm trying to figure out the various possible ways of remote controlling MC from a Palm OS device. Using IR signal, IRMan and girder sort of works but is limited (range, etc.). I'd like to try to control MC via a 802.11b network but I'm not sure that this is possible. Netremote is only available for PPC. Same thing with MusicLobby. I think that Girder can receive commands over TCP/IP but I don't know how either to send these commands from the pda or to configure Girder to receive those. I guess I can still use a browser on the palm to interact with MC+webremote, but I'd like to find something a little less plain and that would work better with MC 9.1 (the webremote plug-in doesn't seem to handle 9.1 playlists very well).
Now I have read a few things about a program called Glissando, but I couldn't find the program itself. The only interesting links pointed to the avs forum that seems to be down right now.

Any ideas/infos will be much welcomed.

Mads_H

• Recent member
Re: Remote control MC from Palm OS device?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2003, 04:23:21 am »

maybe buy a HP and get nevo included: http://www.mynevo.com/ seems to be able to both IR and wireless lan

lOth

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Remote control MC from Palm OS device?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2003, 11:02:41 am »

nevo looks nice but it only works with Win CE devices. However, if I had such a device I think I would still use MusicLobby, or at least Netremote (to save a few bucks). The fact is, I'm talking about Palm OS devices only here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up