INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV recording & video questions  (Read 1158 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
TV recording & video questions
« on: March 28, 2015, 05:36:44 pm »

My collection of TV shows is getting fairly big and for those shows I want to hang on to I am planning on moving them off of my main server (a new Diskstation 1815+) to an older server (Synology 412) as an archive. This will give me more room in my main collection of music, videos, pix etc. Currently I have TV recording set to NOT record episodes that have been recorded previously. When I move episodes of of the main server will I also loose the info that tells Media Center that an episode has already been recorded?

Also....I have 3 clients connected to my main Media Center server. When I watch a TV episode on one client that episode is not marked as watched on the other clients. Is there a way to have that info sync with each other?

Thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV recording & video questions
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 06:33:54 pm »

You can move/remove old TV recordings.  They will be marked in a "side database" called Removed Files when you remove them from within MC.  That database will be checked when new recordings are made, so duplicates will not be recorded again.

Incidentally, in an upcoming new build, a new option has been added to TV recording deletion confirmation that allows you to not to remember a file that you are deleting, so that the show can be re-recorded. 

Regarding clients, are you allowing clients to sync with the server?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 07:51:28 pm »

You could use MC's Library Tools to move them.  See the "Moving Files" topic on the wiki.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 08:40:56 pm »

Yes, I meant to emphasize that you should move/remove files using the library tool within MC.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 09:06:09 pm »

Thx to you both for your reply.

So i assume by using mc to move the files that will help preserve the data.

I do have auto sync to server selected in media network on all 3 clients. Should this provide the "watched" info on all clients and the server?

muzicman0

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 09:18:57 pm »

My clients mark them as watched, and remember if I have partially watched it, and will resume, etc...but only if I click stop.  If I pause, and then back out, it won't mark it as watched, or remember state on a client.  I am not sure how it works if I let the file completely end, I typically push stop when it gets to the credits, or after next weeks preview.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2015, 09:27:54 pm »

Oh. Thats good to know. Ive gotta remember to stop rather than play.

Thx!
Pages: [1]   Go Up