INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing "The Following S2D2- Blu-Ray" In JRiver Only Picks up Single Episode  (Read 1329 times)

trevoraiston

• World Citizen

My first try of JRiver for blu-ray.

I Initially tried to play The Following S2D1 from HD folder but JRiver only recognizes first episode?
Tried S2D2 from blu-ray drive, same result

Both Play fine from Total Media Theatre 6 and Msoft MC?

Trevor
Trevor
CustomBuild HTPC. YAMAHA RXV673 BK A/V RCVR, AE:Floor Standing AEGIS NEO 3 SPEAKERS,Center: AE NEO 7ii BK CTR SPKR, Sub NEO 8ii BK SUB, Rear:AEGIS NEO 1 V2 SPEAKERS (BLK), Sony MDR-HW700 headphones, KDL55W829BBU SONY 55" 800HZ SMART LED TV and OPPO BDP-105DBMR MULTIREGIONED FOR BLU RAY AND DVD

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Please see the "Blu-ray" topic on our wiki.  You may need to install AnyDVD HD.

Media Center does not have Blu-ray menu support.
So if you want to select other titles on the disc, you need to right-click the video and select it from the Title list.

This ranges from good to bad.
On a good disc, you will have a structure that is generally:
  • 3 hours (three episodes plus opening titles/credits/previews/recaps)
  • 2 hours 51 minutes (three episodes without opening titles/credits/previews/recaps)
  • 57 minutes (episode 1)
  • 57 minutes (episode 2)
  • 57 minutes (episode 3)

On a bad disc, episodes may be structured out of order, sorted by duration, there may be multiple titles containing the same episode with slight variations, it's lacking a big title which contains all the episodes on that disc etc. which is a nuisance if you're just wanting to sit down and watch the disc.

But if you split it out to MKV files using MakeMKV, it's usually not that difficult to sort them into the correct episode order - especially if there is a "main title" which includes all the episodes, since that will give you the segment numbers in order.

I would understand if you'd prefer to just watch TV shows in another player that does have menu support though.

trevoraiston

• World Citizen

Thanks for the info.

Does MC  support menus (TV shows)  on DVD?

Trevor

Trevor
CustomBuild HTPC. YAMAHA RXV673 BK A/V RCVR, AE:Floor Standing AEGIS NEO 3 SPEAKERS,Center: AE NEO 7ii BK CTR SPKR, Sub NEO 8ii BK SUB, Rear:AEGIS NEO 1 V2 SPEAKERS (BLK), Sony MDR-HW700 headphones, KDL55W829BBU SONY 55" 800HZ SMART LED TV and OPPO BDP-105DBMR MULTIREGIONED FOR BLU RAY AND DVD

Yes, DVD menus are supported

trevoraiston

• World Citizen

Thanks

Trevor
Trevor
Pages: [1]   Go Up