INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Play DVD ISO with MC20 Mac  (Read 2153 times)

krikor

• Recent member
Can't Play DVD ISO with MC20 Mac
« on: March 30, 2015, 08:42:23 pm »

OK, so I've searched here and the wiki, but can't make sense of any of the instructions since they seem to written for older versions of MediaCenter and now longer fully apply.

So... does MC20 support playback of DVD ISO files, and if so HOW do you accomplish this? I've saved some DVDs to ISO files using MacX DVD Ripper Pro, and although I can import and get the cover art/title, I can't seem to get them to play.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

erviv

• World Citizen
Re: Can't Play DVD ISO with MC20 Mac
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 05:20:16 pm »

Would like to help, but I can't even get MC 20 to play a commercial DVD from the optical drive of my MacBook pro.  I posted this concern earlier and so far no suggestions. 
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 06:10:53 pm »

The video support of MC for Mac seems to be a work in progress.  I mean that without criticism; it's just the way it is right now.

I've done just little viewing of movies with MC for Mac and it's basic functionality works, but it's just that:  Basic.  For me, for right now, I'll be using other tools to view video.  Still LOVING MC for Mac for music though!

I'm preaching to the choir here, but after testing something like 5 or 6 music players on Mac, Media Center was clearly the best for me.  ...and the most powerful to boot.

Brian.

erviv

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 08:42:21 pm »

Thanks for the info.  I agree it works well for music.  I will continue to watch for improvements in the DVD area.
MacBook Pro i5 2.3Ghz 8 GB (early 2011) 1Tb SSD; 3 Raspberry pi’s 4 and 2@ 3B (o/s: Buster).

krikor

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 07:42:25 am »

Thanks!!

Unless I've missed it, too bad these Mac MC20 deficiencies are not documented someplace. I wasted a lot of time trying to get it to work. Looks like I'll have to give it a try on one of my Windows machines.
Pages: [1]   Go Up