INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Entering accented characters, umlauts, etc. - possible in JRiver?  (Read 1646 times)

chriswimlett

• Junior Woodchuck

Is it possible to enter accented characters, e.g. umlauts, when editing tags in JRiver?  Normally on a Mac, you use the <alt> key followed by the letter key, e.g. <alt>+u for an umlaut, but this doesn't work in JRiver.  The characters display OK when imported.

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Re: Entering accented characters, umlauts, etc. - possible in JRiver?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 12:34:36 pm »

maybe these will help you? https://duckduckgo.com/?q=windows+keyboard+umlauts&t=ffsb
worth a shot until someone more knowledgeable replies.

Y. G. Bae

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A curious journey called "Life"
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 03:46:14 pm »

Hello Chris,

If you use German keyboard map, you can use umlaut, but as far as I understand alt+key option doesn't work yet in JRiver MediaCenter. I use Spanish and German keyboard maps a lot, but I found that in Spanish keyboard map, I cannot type, for an example, á or à where I need to press two keys in a row to produce a character, but other character needing just one key works fine. Therefore, what I usually do is typing it in other application, copy it, and pasting it into JRiver. I guess it's one of the matters that needs to be improved.

Best regards,
Y. G.

chriswimlett

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 06:03:23 am »

Thanks both for the replies.  I'd wondered if I was missing something but it looks like JRiver doesn't allow this yet.  Having a text editor open to copy and past from seems the best option at the moment, but I'll try using the different keyboard layouts.

Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up