INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Device Sync puts albums with special characters in transfer queue every time  (Read 1104 times)

sandalaudio

• Recent member

When I use the Device Sync to transfer a playlist full of albums onto my smartphone, MC fails to identify that albums with special characters (á accents, ü umlauts, etc) are already copied on the previous sync.
It keeps putting them back into the queue and make new copies every time I sync, and I have no idea how to stop it from doing that.

For example, if I have an album called [Ravel - Daphnis et Chloé], it puts this album "In Queue" rather than "On Device" every time I do a sync.
Now my phone has multiple copies of the same song, copied over and over again every time I sync, like Track 1, Track 1 (1), Track 1 (2), Track 1 (3).

Is there any way to prevent this?

tutenchamun

• Recent member

I experience the same, and even more complex - here sometimes I cannot even distinguish source names from some exported filenames on an SD card.
optically files and tags seem 100% identical, but it seems the char. encoding of some char's is different, depending on which client writes the tags - and I do blame MC though ... cause it has the most exotic look and feel within OSX.

Where it gets corrupt, I cannot tell - but its def. odd....
Pages: [1]   Go Up