INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Watching movies with JRemote  (Read 1792 times)

flac.rules

• Citizen of the Universe
Watching movies with JRemote
« on: April 08, 2015, 12:07:51 pm »

Is watching movies/series really usable with JRemote? If you start playing a movie the playback doesn't start in at least an hour, so its not very usable? Is there a way this could be better? Perhaps lower encoding quality for speed?

flac.rules

Re: Whatching movies with JRemote
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 12:11:07 pm »

Ok, I see there actually is a setting for low quality video that actually is reasonably quick, I feel a bit stupid now....

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 12:20:22 pm »

How fast this starts depends on the system that your MC server is on. My server is rather powerful and High works fine, both in Gizmo or JRemote for Android.
Some systems cannot do real-time High at all, then you can always try Medium or Low.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

flac.rules

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 12:35:46 pm »

How fast this starts depends on the system that your MC server is on. My server is rather powerful and High works fine, both in Gizmo or JRemote for Android.
Some systems cannot do real-time High at all, then you can always try Medium or Low.

Then something is wrong here, I have a new and reasonably powerful CPU on the server. What server is used for the encoding when the files are on server1, server 2 is accessing server 1 via remote library, and jremote controls server 2?

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 12:46:16 pm »

Whichever system you are connected to will do the transcoding. So in your case server 2.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

flac.rules

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 12:47:46 pm »

Whichever system you are connected to will do the transcoding. So in your case server 2.

Ok, thanks for the info, I checked some more and it seems like high is working reasonable, it takes about 45 seconds before it starts, I don't know what was up with the first file I tried.

audunth

Re: Watching movies with JRemote
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 04:58:08 pm »

I can't get video streaming to work on my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact in Gizmo, it hangs forever on "Preparing..." even on medium quality and makes Gizmo unresponsive. Will it be the same in JRemote? Are there any settings in MC on the computer that could help? I tried HTTP live streaming, but then the screen just goes black for a few seconds and then back to the previous screen.

My computer is pretty powerful, so it shouldn't have any problem with transcoding. Tried several video formats, from small low-resolution mpg-files to series and movies in .mkv format.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC
Pages: [1]   Go Up