INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stop, Seek & Skip not gapless if selected  (Read 982 times)

imeric

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Stop, Seek & Skip not gapless if selected
« on: April 10, 2015, 06:35:55 pm »

When choosing cross-fade on track change it sill applies it for skipping (or rewinding) tracks.  IMHO it shouldn't and just skip to the next track as per advertised. Or be given the option for the 2 would be nice.
thx folks (using 20.0.93)

Re: Stop, Seek & Skip not gapless if selected
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 07:55:41 pm »

Well there is already an option to control stop commands.
A "use gapless for skip commands" option below "use gapless for sequential album tracks" would be nice - though personally I would have it disabled. I like the way that MC currently operates.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 06:25:12 pm »

Not talking about stop commands but skip commands.  My point is when skipping tracks why have the cross fade?

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 03:26:35 am »

Not talking about stop commands but skip commands.  My point is when skipping tracks why have the cross fade?
Well you mentioned stop in your title.

I don't crossfade - I use the "gapped fade" option. Gapless produces a "tic" when skipping tracks, while the "gapped fade" set to 0.4s eliminates it.
So I would not want the skip commands to be gapless - though I can see why you might if you are using a crossfade, and I don't object to it being an option.

Instead of a "Use gapless for skip commands" toggle as I had suggested before, perhaps a drop-down in the "Stop, Seek & Skip" section that lets you select what MC should use would be better.
Duplicate the "Switch Tracks" option for a new "Skip Tracks" option.

imeric

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 07:50:13 am »

I meant skip I just provided the name of where you set the option :).  And just as an FYI I don't get a Tic with my ASIO usb DAC.  And I also understand why you would want the cross-fade Too.  My point is the ability to have it the option on skip (or previous songs) would be nice.

Thx
Pages: [1]   Go Up