INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album splits  (Read 1785 times)

groucho

• Recent member
Album splits
« on: April 11, 2015, 05:41:24 am »

Why are some albums split in 2 - I can't find an obvious reason?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album splits
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 06:06:06 am »

the default grouping is by Album Artist and Album.  If you have AlbumName CD1 AlbumName CD2 it will split for example. If you have a compilation you should have something like Various Artists as the [Album Artist] name; leavin the [Artist] field alone of course. If not these albums will split too.

To group them into one just select the tracks from both, and retag the Album name for all so it is exactly the same. (or the Album Artist if that is the problem)

groucho

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 08:11:09 am »

This is not always the case. I have looked to see if this is true (prior to questioning!) and I find that for example if tagged with main artist, say Kenny Rodgers "Best" and in that album ""Islands in the sun" Kenny Rodgers/Dolly Parton" it will divide the album in 2: "Kenny Rodgers" / "Various Artists". In this case though some songs tagged KR ONLY end up among "Various Artists"! In some cases there are no reason at all why MC splits in 2. Yes, I've checked thoroughly! And there are many examples. I've tried "Clear Lib" and reimporting but no go.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 09:48:34 am »

don't have time to go into detail, sorry :) but check again  ... it the Album Artist Field you need to check again -- if you are using the Album Artist (Auto) function this can happen. You can have multiple artists per track (using the semi-colon), but  the album artist (or album artist field (auto) has to be the same for all of them. There is a detailed article on how the auto function works. Don't clear your library; its a tagging issue or there is something else wrong.

@Mods For info this is the most asked about "issue" on the forum the last couple of weeks, imo. A sticky with a link to the article possible?
Pages: [1]   Go Up