INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: USB power for DAC  (Read 2594 times)

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
USB power for DAC
« on: April 12, 2015, 02:16:09 am »

Least invasive method for experimentation is to sever the 5v power wire by covering the 5v pin on the USB cable A connector with tape. It's what I did---I noticed no difference in Sound quality. I am however using a linear power supply for Id which improves SQ compared to the stock NUC switching power supply.

emovac1

• Recent member
USB power
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 02:44:06 am »

Least invasive method for experimentation is to sever the 5v power wire by covering the 5v pin on the USB cable A connector with tape. It's what I did---I noticed no difference in Sound quality. I am however using a linear power supply for Id which improves SQ compared to the stock NUC switching power supply.

interesting.  did you feel the linear power supply improved the sound?  Which supply are you using?  I really have no complaints about the sound, was just curious if the potential existed to cut the 5v at the USB port.  thanks.

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
USB power
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 03:27:48 am »

interesting.  did you feel the linear power supply improved the sound?  Which supply are you using?  I really have no complaints about the sound, was just curious if the potential existed to cut the 5v at the USB port.  thanks.

Linear power supplies I've used are Acopian 12V/1.2A and Condor 12V/1.7A. Both "sound" better than stock PS, IMO.

emovac1

• Recent member
USB power
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 03:30:11 am »

Awesome.  thanks  :D

whatcomfalls

• Junior Woodchuck
USB power for DAC
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 03:43:00 am »

Awesome.  thanks  :D

I picked them up used from eBay.
Pages: [1]   Go Up