INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver can't find ripped files from XLD  (Read 2429 times)

winggo

• Recent member
JRiver can't find ripped files from XLD
« on: April 12, 2015, 01:32:13 pm »

I've been struggling with getting JRiver  for Mac to find new ripped files ripped using XLD.  I've read countless exchanges here on this forum and on a number of locations on the net.  Nowhere is there a good answer to the problem.  I finally ripped a CD using Bdpoweramp on another computer and copied it over to the Mac and it found it right off.   Why does anyone suggest you use XLD to rip CD to be used by JRiver?  It simply DOES NOT WORK!  I think my only course of action is to purchase another copy of Dbpoweramp for the Mac.  I wonder why JRiver can't get the ripping function to work with it's Mac version?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRiver can't find ripped files from XLD
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 01:41:44 pm »

Welcome to Interact.  You could read about importing files on our wiki.  You may be ripping to a format or location that isn't imported by default, but you can edit those.  Tools > Import > Auto import.

Better still, try ripping with MC.  Make sure you have a recent version.  20.0.87 is on the Download Page.

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 03:25:40 pm »

I used XLD pretty much exclusively to rip CDs for use with JRiver Media Center for Mac.  For MC to see the files that XLD rips, they have to be in a location that MC knows about.  As Jim said, they also have to be in a format that MC understands, but that's pretty easy, as MC understands just about everything from MP3, to FLAC, to AIFF, to WAV, etc.

I've got XLD set up to rip new files into a artist/album folders under my Music/FLAC folder.  Obviously I'm ripping CDs as FLAC.  In MC, go to:

Tools -> Options -> Library & Folders -> Configure Auto Import

In the dialog that comes up, add the parent folder where you are ripping your CDs to.  In my case it's /Users/bgentry/FLAC .  Now any file I put under that directory, even if it's in a subdirectory (like The_Doors/Greatest_Hits) will get automatically imported and recognized by MC.

Hopefully that gets you started in the right direction.  XLD and MC are great programs that work fine together.  :)

Brian.

winggo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 10:17:28 am »

Thanks for the replies.

Everything is set up as its supposed to be for XLD, but JRiver just does not see the files ripped by XLD. 

If JRiver has the ripping function fixed for the Mac version on it's latest update then the issue is mute.  Ripping from JRiver would be the easiest and cleanest way of doing things.  All I want to do is rip my CD library and listen to music.  I am tired of spending hours upon hours try to hash out hardware/software problems.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 10:27:22 am »

Did you set up auto import as I suggested above?

winggo

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 12:00:57 pm »

Yes I did set it to the right folder

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 12:51:57 pm »

Edit the folder to change the file types you want to import.

mwheelerk

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 02:43:04 pm »

Thanks for the replies.

Everything is set up as its supposed to be for XLD, but JRiver just does not see the files ripped by XLD. 

If JRiver has the ripping function fixed for the Mac version on it's latest update then the issue is mute.  Ripping from JRiver would be the easiest and cleanest way of doing things.  All I want to do is rip my CD library and listen to music.  I am tired of spending hours upon hours try to hash out hardware/software problems.

That's very odd as I've used XLD with JRiver from the beginning without issue. I would carefully recheck the file path settings for both.
Believe In Music GR MI 1973 - 2002

Mikeau

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 04:54:25 pm »

Have you tried doing a manual import? Where you direct the MC to the specific folder?
I too use XLD and it works. So in your position just try doing a manual import of even just one CD rip and see if it works.
Regards,
Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up