INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEWS: Why People Choose JRiver -- Our Customers Tell Their Stories  (Read 1618 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

This newsletter is being sent today.  If you see any errors, please say so.

Thanks,

Jim

Why Do People Choose JRiver?
We've always wondered what was most important, so we recently asked on our forum.   Here's a great answer, among many great answers, from drmimosa:

I chose JRiver in 2009 based on favorable reviews and posts on computeraudiophile.com. I had just purchased a USB DAC and wanted digital bitperfect playback. I got that and so much more from my purchase of this program.

In 2010 I embarked on a huge digital music archiving project, during which I ripped about 1200 CD's to FLAC lossless and upgraded about 1000 128k mp3 albums to 256acc using Itunes match. It was a huge project, but fun and I don't think I could have pulled it off without the database management and flexible view schemes of JRiver. Once that was done I happily deleted iTunes from my PC forever!

In addition to the stellar feature set, the best part of JRiver for me has been Interact. It is one of my default locations online for computer information, it has the best Knowledge to B###S@@@ ratio of any forum anywhere, and a community of very generous and interesting contributors. I've never been on the beta boards, but I love seeing the hints here and there of upcoming features, plus the semiannual "State of the JRiver-Union" addresses/emails. When it gets quiet on the Interact board it is almost like the day before Christmas, because MC Current Version + 1 is on the way.

I hope you don't mind me mentioning this here, but it is a source of daily inspiration for me to see how the company and Interact community came together over the past year to support Matt Ashland and his family.

I am grateful that JRiver is a good company run by good people. Thank you for your hard work and continued excellence.

drmimosa

What others say about JRiver

Thank you, drmimosa!  

JRemote on Android is now on the Play Store at a Special Price
You can get it for $7 until May 1.  That's 30% off.  Search for "JRiver JRemote".  It can be used with all versions of MC.

Mac Improvements
Stability and speed are much better in recent versions.  The Mac version now plays video.

JRiver's Hardware -- The Id
We're selling more and more of these amazing little devices and we continue to extend its capabilities.  We've added the ability to support USB drives and flash drives.  We're adding remote desktop support.  Forum and Devices Available

Recent New MC Features
DSP over DLNA, including VST plug-ins, Easy TV Setup, Improved Comskip Support, Pinch to Zoom Images, 4K TV and High Res Monitor Support.  More here: New Features

Upgrade to a Master License
If you own MC20 on Windows and would like to purchase a Mac or Linux version, you can upgrade to a Master License that works on all three OS's for $24.98.  Purchase a Master License from the Help menu of any licensed MC20.

Upgrade MC for Windows or Mac for 20% Less
Through April, you can upgrade from an earlier version of MC on any OS,  for just $21.58 to upgrade for that OS.  MC can use your data and settings.  

Updates are Free
If you own Media Center 20, it is free to update to the latest version.  Just download and install, even automatically by selecting an update channel under Help.

Questions or Unsubscribe
There are several useful links below.  The "Upgrade" link just above will take you to a forum thread where you can read and post.  If you have a general question about anything else, please post here.

Warm regards,

JRiver

Getting Started   FAQ   Restoring a License   Wiki   Forum   Unsubscribe  

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: NEWS: Why People Choose JRiver -- Customers Speak
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 08:37:30 pm »

Looks good.

What do you think about leading with the Mac version supports video in the Mac section? That's a pretty big step forward.
Add the bit about stability and speed on the next line?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 08:47:59 pm »

I hope you don't mind me mentioning this here, but it is a source of daily inspiration for me to see how the company and Interact community came together over the past year to support Matt Ashland and his family.

The support from the forum is so amazing.  It bring tears to my eyes.

I've had such a bumpy road, but Interact and JRiver have been such a steady force for good.

My thanking you will never be enough, but please know that I'm incredibly thankful.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 08:54:54 pm »

The support from the forum is so amazing.  It bring tears to my eyes.

I've had such a bumpy road, but Interact and JRiver have been such a steady force for good.

My thanking you will never be enough, but please know that I'm incredibly thankful.

This is one of the reasons why I will stay with MC for a long time to come.
Pages: [1]   Go Up