INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oppo as Video Renderer  (Read 1221 times)

vector1

• Recent member
Oppo as Video Renderer
« on: April 16, 2015, 12:26:26 am »

I have JRiver MC 2.0 running on PC which is working fine. Trying to understand if I can use JRiver as a front end selection/control device and then send the data stream to an Oppo 103 for rendering and then on to Display and AV receiver.

I have searched and cannot seem to find the answer. Most search results talk about audio rendering using an Oppo.

It seems that the advantage of this approach is that it reduces the CPU/GPU requirements. I actually have all my data on a NAS. I know I can use the Oppo directly to access the video files, but that is nowhere near the elegance/functionality of MC.

In my ideal solution MC would essentially act as a remote control for the Oppo, with the data going from the NAS to the Oppo. Next best would be for the PC to retrieve the data from the NAS and then forward to the Oppo.

I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Regards,
Vector

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Oppo as Video Renderer
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 06:43:19 am »

MC can import your data from the NAS and play to an Oppo as a renderer.  You could download the trial version to see.

vector1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 11:32:04 am »

Jim,

Thanks for your reply. I already purchased the Software, but have not been able to figure out how to do what you suggest. Could you point me to a thread or instructions for that capability?

Regards,
Vector

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 11:34:14 am »

Import from the NAS first.  There is a link in my signature to "Getting Started".
Pages: [1]   Go Up