INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSD playback - TEAC UD 501  (Read 1821 times)

phimet

DSD playback - TEAC UD 501
« on: April 17, 2015, 10:56:28 am »

Hi,

I have two systems, both equipped with a Teac UD501. In one system, the PC is rather slow, but I can play native DSD (1x) without a problem. I bought a new system and connected the second device. Although the JRiver benchmark gives me a high value (5663), I cannot play DSD files on this system. I have no idea why, because everything is setup the same way. It is not a problem of the DAC, since both work well in system 1.

System 2 (the betterone) uses the same JRiver version (20, now updated from 62 to 93), the same music files, the same DAC (as already mentioned), so I am running out of ideas.

When I start DSD playback on this system  music becomes scrumbled, scratched - and interestingly playback is far too slow.

I would be grateful for your ideas. Thank you
Philipp

phimet

Re: DSD playback - TEAC UD 501
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 12:30:49 pm »

Issue solved. Thinking further and testing various PCs with the same setup I thought about the USB ports as a possible source for the problems. However, the solution was even more simple. The new computer - albeit extremely well equipped with an ASUS Vanguard Motherboard, an Intel 4790 CPU, 32 GB RAM, a fast SSD etc etc had "balanced energy mode" enabled. And that seems to impact on USB port handling. Enabling high performance mode removed all kinds of artefacts.

Pages: [1]   Go Up