INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to remove "Old" Albums from "Recent Albums List"  (Read 1468 times)

altsouza

• World Citizen
How to remove "Old" Albums from "Recent Albums List"
« on: April 17, 2015, 02:27:11 pm »

Hi,

This is my third topic with no sucess.
Every 1 or 2 months "Old Albums" show up in the "Recent Albums List".
Is there any workaround to remove these old Albums from the List.
Any help will be welcome

Thanks

Antonio
Nuc > Cambridge Audio Cxn Streamer > Cambridge 851e Pré
Parasound A21 Amp > Nordost Cable > Kef R300 Speaker
Prog Rock Fan (Yes.....)

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to remove "Old" Albums from "Recent Albums List"
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 05:19:12 am »

Hi Antonio

I think this was answered already .. the only way this is happening is there are external changes to these files which make JRiver think these are new files, so they are being re-imported.

You can not change the date imported field .. so they will always appear. The way to not have this happen is to not make any external changes to these files  - make them internally through JRiver if you want to.

Either you are messing around with the file names or folder structure in windows and MC is not taking them into account; or maybe you are using an external tagging program; or maybe you are using iTunes (or some other media player) and have set the options to "organize" (change that to DISorganize) your media. Regardless it has to be external to JRiver, it is not a bug nor is it an option that you can set. The only thing you can do is change the dates as to what is considered new in the smartlist.

What you could do to verify this "hypothesis" of mine is to make a backup of the library (a manual one). Tomorrow you see OLD files being added; restore the library. If the OLD files re-appear, something has changed them and JRiver has re-imported them.

PS - probably unrelated, but have you checked to see if you have a lot of duplicates in your library?

altsouza

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 07:26:51 pm »

Thank you for your reply.
I did understand the reason.
I just want to know how to corect the peoblem.
If there is any workaround, i would like to learn.
Thanks
Antonio
Prog Rock Fan (Yes.....)

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 07:37:33 am »

Thank you for your reply.
I did understand the reason.
I just want to know how to corect the peoblem.
If there is any workaround, i would like to learn.
Thanks
Antonio

actually a bug has been spotted in another post 2 days ago!! ... are you using an external drive?

Apparently if the drive goes offline or is asleep and fix external changes protect drives (forget the exact terms now) is checked in autoimport. Evidently it could continually remimport

Matt the head devlopper is looking into this =>http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=97082.0  I'd read that post and add comments if this is your set-up also. In the mean time, if you have external drives, make sure they are "spun up" and accessible when using JRiver.

If its is as I described, however ... the "work-around" is to manipulate your files only through MC (renaming folders, files, etc.) (and making sure that iTunes and WMP is not configured to do anything automatic. At least until, you have ascertained what could be writting to your disk. JRiver should be "watching" your drives if you have configured import correctly, but this doesn't always work especially with USB drives. Normally local drives and drives on a NAS don't have as many issues.

altsouza

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 09:00:11 am »

Thank you.
Yes, i use a Synology Nas. I will check if sleep mode is on.

Regarding the workaround, i want to know if i can manualy remove the old albums, ( modifying the tags or something similar) , or manualy put newer albums in front to the old albums.

Thanks
Prog Rock Fan (Yes.....)
Pages: [1]   Go Up