INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Synchronized playlists using MC20 are detected as empty playlists in my walkman  (Read 2184 times)

Dchox

• Recent member

I just migrate from MC 19 to MC 20.0.87.  I'm facing a problem.

I can synchronize several play list to my walkman succesfully as I did in MC19.  The problem is when I select a playlist syncronized in my walkman, appers the next message: "No songs availabe for playback. Please connect to compliant software or device and transfer songs.".

I know all the songs are copied to the walkman becase I can see them using "All songs" menu in my walkman.  If I review the walkman content from MC20 I can see all the songs copied too, but the songs in each playlist are not listed.  It seem like the playlists file are copied empty to the walkman.

No problem with MC19, only with MC20.  I'm using a Sony Walkman NWZ-E455 and Windows 8.1 64 bits.

Your help is appreciated.

Regards.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Same here on android devices.
downgrading to build 73 should fix you up until they get it fixed.

richardc

• Recent member

Glad somebody started this topic. I have reported this problem twice following the automatic updates for 20.0.87 & 20.0.93, but those reports tend to fade as new versions become available.  I have not tried 20.0.96 yet, but there was still no mention of a relevant fix for this problem in any recent release notes. I keep returning to 20.0.63 because it works, but thank you for suggesting that I might be able to advance to build 73.

Potentially relevant info:-
WALKMAN NWZ-E436F;   Windows 7 pro 64bit;  ASUS Maximus VI mobo provides USB-2 and USB-3 ports. The Walkman's cable is "permanently" plugged in to one of the rear USB-3 ports.

WDM driver is not installed. (Because it does not play well with the driver/mixer for the Steinberg UR44. The Steinberg/Yamaha audio device driver is rock solid, but I never expected it to be compatible with MC's WDM driver as the UR44 audio interface is somewhat more than a USB-DAC.)

Cheers, RC

PS.  I just tested build 99 and it still makes empty playlists in the walkman.  I can't seem to get hold of build 73, so I'm about to restore build 63.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team

I can confirm that build 76 works properly for me. 
Current build 99 still no good.
I tested with about every third build to try and narrow it down for staff.
76=good, 83=no good.
Somewhere in between it broke.

Please +1 this issue in the build 99 thread so they don't think I'm alone in this.

Dchox

• Recent member

Thanks for your comments.  I'll try downgrading.

I new in the forum.  It is possible to know if developement team of the product is considering to fix a reported issue for a next version?

Regards.

Hendrik

• Administrator

We're working on a fix for this problem.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I can confirm that build 76 works properly for me. 
Current build 99 still no good.
I tested with about every third build to try and narrow it down for staff.
76=good, 83=no good.
Somewhere in between it broke.

Please +1 this issue in the build 99 thread so they don't think I'm alone in this.
We know why it happened.  We should have a fix in the next build or two.  It will probably require reloading the device.

zxsix

• MC Beta Team

We know why it happened.  We should have a fix in the next build or two.  It will probably require reloading the device.
excellent!  I won't complain about reloading the device.  Phone just lays there all night anyway.  Let me know if you need any further info from my end.

Dchox

• Recent member

We're working on a fix for this problem.

Ok, thanks.  I'ii be aware of a new release.

Dchox

• Recent member

Recent version 20.0.100 correct the problem of this discussion.  Now the synchronized praylists are not shown as empty. Thanks a lot!.

I detect an additional problem.  The option "Delete from handheld any files not in sync list" do not work.  I'll describe it in a new case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up