INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM Driver changes  (Read 1433 times)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
WDM Driver changes
« on: April 20, 2015, 12:35:46 pm »

20.0.96 (4/20/2015)
1. Changed: If the WDM driver isn't selected as a feature, it'll uninstall it at install time.

I don't like this change, although it makes sense for someone not wanting the WDM driver.  The main problem in my house with JRiver has revolved around the WDM driver. Anytime anyone else in the family installs the latest update, they typically reinstall the WDM driver, too. This makes the WDM driver no longer the default audio device resulting in is no audio from other computer sources. My 14 year old son now knows how to fix the issue (and to not install the WDM driver), but others don't.

With the ability to unselect the WDM driver as a feature, I was finally hoping for some relief. I could install the driver, uncheck it as a feature, and never be asked to install it again until I wanted to. Now it is going to be automatically uninstalled so I can't uncheck it. And I'm back to having to try to make sure the driver never gets updated.

I think making re-installation of the driver with each build optional would resolve a lot of issues with the driver changing from being the default.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: WDM Driver changes
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 01:04:18 pm »

+1

I have exactly the same problem.  An option to not reinstall the driver, without removing it would be great (or to only reinstall when changes are made to the driver). 

This issue has resulted in me turning off auto-update on several of my "family machines"

Arindelle

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 01:35:17 pm »

+1 for me too if its not too much of a problem

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 12:16:23 pm »

A new thread on the same issue: