INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sampler downloads not visible  (Read 1360 times)

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
Sampler downloads not visible
« on: April 21, 2015, 05:15:34 pm »

I have four sampler downloads from various sources (Audiogon, Chesky, HDTracks etc).  I have each loaded into the network page on Windows.  However, in MC, only the individual tracks of ONE of the sampler files appears.  The other three samplers are missing.  As far as I can recall, I downloaded the samplers directly to my My Music file in Windows and dragged or copied them to my NAS drive (WD MyCloud EX2) -- then to the Network page in Windows

BTW, I subsequently began using DBPoweramp to rip, but these sampler files were not processed through DBPA.

How can I get MC to recognize these sampler files and maybe make them a separate genre ("Samples")?

Thank you!!!

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sampler downloads not visible
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 01:16:09 pm »

Hi

Verify your configuration of media import in options, making sure that the new music is in sub-folders of the "watched folders" you have chosen. On a NAS it could take awhile for JRiver to realize that the new music exists. If you want it immediately visible, run auto-import manually. In terms of genres -- just select the tracks and re-tag to what ever you want (open the tag window via the action window, right click or alt+enter.

If you haven't already, I'd peruse the links found on this page http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Getting_Started JRiver is really to be used with metadata (tags), not by file name/directories. You might want to use the keyword fields for these instead of genres?
Pages: [1]   Go Up