INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sort Inside Groups on the track listing by 'Track#' NOT by Name : Problem  (Read 1221 times)

Tristar71

• Recent member

Hi Guys - and Issue that is bugging me for months and haven't managed to solve...
When I click an album or artist and it brings up the track / album listing on the popup screen  it seems to be ordering by 'Name' not by Track . I have sorted by album and use the Sort inside groups by : as DEFAULT.
So if I double click an album it plays in the wrong order....

No amount of trying to figure this out has resulted in any way the correct order as default...

I can do it manually by right clicking on the 'TRACK' header and sorting by - which corrects the issue but this has to be done EVERY time...which is quite annoying...

could someone please offer any advice?
thanks

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe

Hi Tristar

I'd check the sort order within the rules part of your view ... you might have messed with the grouping order via the tab and they are in conflict.

Right click on the view=>Customize View=>then click on the ... dots before set rules for file display. Check the modifiers, if empty you can choose "Sort by" in the drop down box and add fields something like Album Artitst, then Album, then disk#, then track#. That should override anything else. If you are talking about the grouping field [Name] -- from the tab above the view its simpler to just leave this alone. The "[name]" here is acting as a variable for the top category in the view,  not the track name

Tristar71

• Recent member

Thank you  - very much - yes they were all to pot and wrong...

the categories for the search results-  or file display some were ordered by 'name' not as you suggested .... I have changed the order and added the modifiers as you suggested,
album artist, album, disk#, Track#.....

thank you

best regards
Dean

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe

good to hear you are all "sorted" out  ;D euh I know bad, its early for me

Happy listening!
Pages: [1]   Go Up