INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Multiplication Upon Import  (Read 830 times)

TaoChi

Album Multiplication Upon Import
« on: April 23, 2015, 05:02:21 am »

I stumbled upon what seems like an anomaly which I was not able to resolve.

Upon importing an album I purchased from HD Tracks an album named ‘The World's Greatest Audiophile Vocal Recordings’ which contains recording from various Jazz artists, the software identified my album as 6 different albums. I have tried to update the metadatic list, to no avail.

Your help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Create a pleasant day,

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album Multiplication Upon Import
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 06:22:38 am »

Hi Tao

When you say you tried updating the metadata didn't work, did you make sure that the Album Artist (or Album Artist (Auto) ) field is the same for all tracks (should be something like like "Various Artists" or "Multiple Artists")?

The [Album] tag AND the [Album Artist] must be the same (not the [Artist] field, its normal that that field would have different artists per track) . I ften purchase downloads that have nothing in the [Album Artist] or they are tagged by track and not by album. I buy from Bandcamp and Qobuz and I always have to retag the albums from those places .. As an aside, I also  rename the files to my spec, but that wouldn't split the albums like that.

TaoChi

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 05:46:20 pm »

Thank you much for your response. That did the trick :)

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 03:17:33 am »

Sure ! glad it sorted it out for you. And thanks for replying back, made my day ... not many do :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up