INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 19 still runs at PC start up after MC 20 upgrade - Norton 360 set up  (Read 826 times)

Carcajou

• Recent member

Bonjour,

I have recently upgraded from MC 19.0.163 to MC 20.0.99 on a Window 7 Lenovo Laptop. The upgrade went well. For some reasons I do not understand - when I boot the Laptop, MC 19 is started (and the media server as well) instead of MC20. I have to shut down both the MC 19 Media Server and MC 19. Then I can manually start MC 20 and its associated server. I have checked the "Start up" settings (in options) of both versions. MC19 is set to "Nothing" (and I assume it will not start) and MC 20 is set for Media Server only start up.

I hesitate to uninstall MC19 in case it would do damage to the library or the Media files. Any suggestions on how to fix this to insure only MC20 runs at all time?

Carcajou

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 19 still runs at PC start up after MC 20 upgrade
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 08:32:40 am »

Back up your library and uninstall MC19.  I can't explain why it's happening.

Carcajou

• Recent member

JimH,

I found what was causing MC19 to start up instead of MC20. I have Norton 360 Premier tool installed on my laptop and it was still set to start MC19 at boot time. To fix this situation - I simply removed start up tick mark in Norton for MC19. I have rebooted 2 times and now MC 20 Media Server comes up normally.

Carcajou
Pages: [1]   Go Up