INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request to Qobuz for integration with JRiver  (Read 15357 times)

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
Request to Qobuz for integration with JRiver
« on: June 11, 2015, 04:25:55 am »

Hi all
I have left a suggestion on the Qobuz forum suggesting a better integration with JRiver.
http://aide.qobuz.com/forums/197012-id%C3%A9es-questions-et-nouvelles-fonctionnalit%C3%A9s/suggestions/8364144-integration-with-jriver
If you have the same request, could you please leave a comment there and/or vote for the suggestion.
Thanks a lot

rlebrette

Re: Request to Qobuz for integration with JRiver
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 07:11:56 am »

Why don't you stream your audio via bluetooth from your tablet to the PC and use the JRiver WDM driver?
Not sure what will be the overall quality, but it shoud work.

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
Bluetooth
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 08:27:50 am »

Using aptx is indeed an interin solution that I am using.
Seems a pity to subscribe to a CD Quality streaming service and then send the information to the DAC via Bluetooth aptx (even though aptx is not at all  bad). The next step for Qobuz, which is already announced is to stream in 24bit/48kHz. aptx will certainly struggle with that.

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 11:12:39 am »

If you have the same request, could you please leave a comment there and/or vote for the suggestion.

Isn't Qobuz for the EU only? How would JRiver (US Based) attempt integration if their service is not licensed for the US usage (or Canada where I am).

VP

ogs

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 02:26:32 pm »

Many JRiver users in Europe. Why should it matter that Qobuz is Europe only? I'd prefer Qobuz to the others as they have a catalogue much more  in line with my liking.
Readynas Ultra 2 Plus - Audiolense 4.13XO - MC 21 DLNA & DSP - upmpdcli/MPD - UpTone Regen - Devialet 250

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 02:40:42 pm »

Having a Qobuz plugin would certainly increase the attractiveness of JRiver in Europe. JRiver users are usually audiophile, so there would be a large overlap to the group of Qobuz sublime (lossless) users.
The software should not be that hard to build (unfortunately I am not a programmer).
For control on the Tablet, the existing Qobuz Desktop with a little modification could be used.
JRiver on the headless audio PC would need a plugin that accepts commands from Qobuz Desktop on the Tablet. No deep integration needed. I suspect 95% of what is needed is already there in JRiver Media Network, DLNA etc.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 03:05:21 pm »

Many JRiver users in Europe. Why should it matter that Qobuz is Europe only? I'd prefer Qobuz to the others as they have a catalogue much more  in line with my liking.

Well - it may matter (big time) for content licensing purposes alone. And even tho EU folks do buy/use MC - it's still a US company and US software.

In the "Doctor Who" thread here (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98006.0) - Jim H mentions this: "Services are regional and this is out of our control."

Happy to be wrong - but I am in Canada and cannot access anything from Qobuz - so it's clear that content regulations are definitely in play.

VP

flac.rules

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2015, 03:43:44 am »

What region the music is available in should have nothing to do with what software they can work with.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 08:22:28 am »

What region the music is available in should have nothing to do with what software they can work with.

Agreed. But JRiver does not make the rules when it comes to content. Neither you nor I have any clue what's involved here.

Jim clearly stated that area is out of their control.

Look at Netflix (A huge US vendor) - JRiver had that integration collapse due to hassle factors beyond their control.

After that debacle - probably fair to say they won't want to dance with any other vendors and be at the mercy of them changing their minds too.

That probably why they are doing their own thing now with the Performer store.

VP

flac.rules

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2015, 08:52:39 am »

Agreed. But JRiver does not make the rules when it comes to content. Neither you nor I have any clue what's involved here.

Jim clearly stated that area is out of their control.

Look at Netflix (A huge US vendor) - JRiver had that integration collapse due to hassle factors beyond their control.

After that debacle - probably fair to say they won't want to dance with any other vendors and be at the mercy of them changing their minds too.

That probably why they are doing their own thing now with the Performer store.

VP

Supporting integration with another program has nothing to do with content, the content is given by Qobuz, this is not a question about MC delivering content, Jims answer has nothing to do with this.

Yea, Netflix disabled their API, that is true.

JRiver currently works against several thirdparties, let the deveolopers judge what is worth the hassle or not.

Maybe they won't bother, but I fail to see the company beeing from europe, or the content part having anything to do with this.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 09:16:57 am »

Maybe they won't bother, but I fail to see the company beeing from europe, or the content part having anything to do with this.

Just ask Jim then. See what he says about MC and content from another continent.

VP

flac.rules

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2015, 09:36:40 am »

Just ask Jim then. See what he says about MC and content from another continent.

VP

Isn't posting in the forum basically doing exactly that? Asking JRiver i mean?

Vocalpoint

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 09:44:04 am »

Isn't posting in the forum basically doing exactly that? Asking JRiver i mean?

Until Jim answers you - I have no idea.

I usually send someone an email if I really need an answer.

VP

flac.rules

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2015, 10:10:50 am »

I think a forum works much better for feature requests and discussions then it would for everyone to send an email.

Vocalpoint

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2015, 10:14:59 am »

I think a forum works much better for feature requests and discussions then it would for everyone to send an email.

Only if the person you need an answer from actually sees (or cares) about your thread. But each to their own.

VP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2015, 01:22:48 pm »

Content is regionally licensed so a company with rights in France may not have rights in another country.  They also can't pass the rights they do have on to other companies.

flac.rules

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2015, 02:31:52 pm »

Content is regionally licensed so a company with rights in France may not have rights in another country.  They also can't pass the rights they do have on to other companies.

The original posters question doesn't seem to be about streaming right, its about having plugin-support (or similar) for the service in MC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2015, 03:14:21 pm »

Not possible.

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2015, 04:59:54 pm »

Pity. It would be a nice match strategy / positioning wise. Both JRiver and Qobuz strive for audiophile quality.

rilke1999

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2015, 03:51:18 am »

Not possible.

What a pitty, their API is well documented and extremly easy to use.

jacobacci

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2015, 05:11:28 am »

I have solved the problem for myself in the following way now.
- Put Qobuz Desktop on my headless Windows audio PC (alongside JRiver MC)
- Use remote desktop to access and remote control
- remote desktop works on android, iPod etc.
This is a bit more hassle than having it directly in JRiver / JRemote, but for the time being the problem is resolved for me.

gidu

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 03:45:24 pm »

Yes, we want a good integration of Qobuz !!!

When will it be usable ?

Gidu
Pages: [1]   Go Up