INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help With Smart List.  (Read 966 times)

aas9303

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Help With Smart List.
« on: September 30, 2003, 05:35:36 pm »

I have about 30 Smartlists. Is there any way i can give them to my friend. He and i Have the Same songs. I know i can save them as a playlist, but i do not want to do that. I want to give him all the smartlists

Thanks

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
Re: Help With Smart List.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2003, 06:44:04 pm »

If you have the same files, does that mean that you could copy the entire library from one machine to the other, or just the playlists?  To copy the whole library, copy the *.jmd files to the other machine while MC9 is NOT running on either machine.

If you really want to do only the smartlist definitions, then one way to do it to is to use the clipboard to copy & paste them one at a time from the source machine.  Highlight a smartlist on the source machine, then select everything in the quick search box, and type Ctrl-C to put it on the clip board.  Switch to Notepad and paste it.  The text that is pasted is the actual smartlist query definition, not the "friendly" text you see in the search bar.  After collecting them all in Notepad, open that text file on the target machine, and paste the query strings, one at a time, into new smartlists.

There may be a better way, but the above is at least one way to do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up