INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.262 beta available  (Read 4071 times)

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
Media Center 9.1.262 beta available
« on: September 29, 2003, 01:11:32 pm »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  There are still some known (and unknown) bugs.    

The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe  

The latest build of 9.1 beta is here:    
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91262.exe

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:
1. Fixed: SetPicture function in Metamorphis worked only with files located in the same directory with a skin.
2. Change: Added help message to upload to device window.
3. Fixed: SetShuffle function in MJAutomation was not updating playlist order.
4. Fixed: Media Center was crashing while accessing portable devices.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 9.1.262 beta available
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 01:23:03 pm »

Since some builds (I believe from 259 on) MC freezes a slight moment every 4 or 5 seconds. That goes for all actions I perform, like scrolling down menus, playlists, etc. as well as for visualizations for instance. There is no freezing in playback of musicfiles however. I tried to download an earlyer build to get rid of the problem, but the downloadlinks of those files don't work anymore.
A day without laughing is a day without living

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 01:53:09 pm »

Since some builds (I believe from 259 on) MC freezes a slight moment every 4 or 5 seconds. That goes for all actions I perform, like scrolling down menus, playlists, etc. as well as for visualizations for instance. There is no freezing in playback of musicfiles however. I tried to download an earlyer build to get rid of the problem, but the downloadlinks of those files don't work anymore.

This has been going on for some time. It seems that evertime you install something it either clears up or gets worse. At least that's been my experience with it. There's thread about it here. I believe (read as hope) the J River staff is aware of it.

UPDATE: After installing 262 I'm noticing it a lot more now than ever before. There's a lag of a half second or more every time that I click on something.

breadfan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 03:40:27 pm »

im not sure if it started in 260 or 261 but it still affects 262 but fade out now doesnt work. it will take all the time that a fade would but doesnt actually execute the fade. ie you press stop and it wont let you do anything while the music continues (and doesnt fade) and then stops abruptly while the program still won't let you control it like i should if it was actually fading.

knickelfarz

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 04:39:25 pm »

Around 35% CPU Usage When Mouse Rests In PlayerBar Area ? ? ?
With this bug, some previous builds had up to 80% CPU usage, build .257 had up to 40% usage - so it's already improved quite much... but there's still a "leftover" of 15% CPU usage with build .262 that maybe unnecessary:
On my system, MC has about 2% of CPU usage when minimized, 2% to 5% when displaying library. It uses 2% to 20% when in PlayingNow (dependent on visualization...) - so far so good...
But when the mouse is over the PlayerBar area, about 15% additional CPU usage is needed. It doesn't matter if the mouse is moving or not, if the arrow is over the display, sliders, buttons or just the background. The program is not doing anything more, but it catches these 15%... The memory usage is not increased.

List Drawing Bug
The button list in the "Customize Menu Bar" dialog does not support the transparency of the "SmallIcons.png".

Top Toolbar Drawing Bug
If "OffsetX" for the "TopBar" has a value greater than 50, the Minimize-, Maximize/Restore-, and Close-Buttons of the Mainframe are overdrawn by the toolbar buttons when resizing MC to a smaller width.

Frame Drawing Bug
The Minimize-, Maximize/Restore-, and Close-Buttons of "Frame"/Dialog windows don't show  "mouse over"/hover effect. Only normal and "mouse down" states are displayed.

No Refresh Of Track Info with Streaming Media
When starting to listen to a web radio station, Playing Now's Track Info template is not reloaded - it shows the "Generated.html" that was created the last time that the station was selected (maybe weeks ago...). Only switching the station or selecting another Track Info template generates a new "Generated.html" with current entries.
When listening to web radio, Playing Now's Track Info does not refresh when a new song starts. It's sticked to the page that was loaded (or rather was forced to load, as mentioned previously...) when you start listening to the station.

---------------------------------------------------------
DirectX 9.0b - Matrox G550

Media Center 9.1.262 -- C:\Programme\Audio\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 2 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 2017 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 817 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3315.2902 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive J: TEAC     CD-W524E           Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

fugi1967

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2003, 12:45:57 am »

I too have found that since using build 260 the fade does not work.

nila

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 04:17:12 am »

Back again

When in 'My Computer' and doing a search - it starts searching as we type but the searching interferes with the typing making it very hard to type in the search phraze.

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2003, 04:36:47 am »

To help confirm what is causing this delay, please go into Tools/Options/Device Settings and set all "Action to perform..." choices to "Nothing" and uncheck "Ask every time". Then restart MC and see if you still experience the same freezes.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

ConTrail

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2003, 04:42:24 am »

While in playing now, using <none>, pictures normally appear. When the picturefile of a song is a GIF, the image fail to appear. Bug?

Thanks for allowing me to delete winamp ;D

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2003, 09:31:34 am »

To help confirm what is causing this delay, please go into Tools/Options/Device Settings and set all "Action to perform..." choices to "Nothing" and uncheck "Ask every time". Then restart MC and see if you still experience the same freezes.

Thank you very much. That solves the problem. DVD was set to Play. When set to Nothing the freezing problem is over.
A day without laughing is a day without living

MGD_King

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2003, 10:38:00 am »

I'll give this a try this evening when I get home from work.

Update: Same thing as Toon van den Bersselaar, turned off the DVD Playback and it works like a champ!  ;D

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2003, 12:04:32 pm »

add modifier "Duplicates" is still broke in this version.

If you select a drive, then add the duplicates modifier "name"  it shows all the duplicates on that drive that are in the data base.  not just the duplicates on the selected drive.  This was reported in version 260 as well.
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

ben1000

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2003, 12:24:46 pm »

Here's an strange bug....

When switching from Mini-me to Mega-me while the Mega-me view is NOT playing now (can be any other view), the little vizulization window from the Mini-me does not disappear, and actually get stuck outside the applications window, on the desktop.

If you then select 'playing now' in the mega-me, it goes away.

This happens for me every time I switch from mini to mega to a view that isn't 'playing now'.

Hope this is easily reproduced... If it matters, I'm using a laptop with an ATI 9000 video chipset.

Regards,

Ben

ZRocker

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2003, 01:16:12 pm »

Bug:
1. When you F2 (Rename) the Filename (name) of a file, MC changes the list icon (from music note) to a 'missing' icon (Paper with a red X in bottom right corner).   MC thinks the file has gone missing or something after the file rename...I was under the column "Filename (name)" when I did the F2 (Rename).

randyg

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2003, 01:33:01 pm »

What's the secret to downloading this beta. So far, no luck with any of the betas after several attempts.

I'm on a cable connection and use Getright.

Any hints?

Randy

ZRocker

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2003, 01:43:05 pm »

randyg,

Use IE to download...that's the secret.  Or, if you are FTP savvy, use an FTP client and download it manually.

MGD_King

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2003, 01:44:53 pm »

What's the secret to downloading this beta. So far, no luck with any of the betas after several attempts.

I'm on a cable connection and use Getright.

Any hints?

Randy

I would try turning off Getright.
Pages: [1]   Go Up