INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist Help: Creating a Smartlist for Random album not played in a while  (Read 1794 times)

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen

So I've created a view of random albums from MC smartlists and then grouped by genre and then loaded that as a view for JRemote to display.  The screenshot attached shows how I've set up the specific smartlists

I'm wondering how I can then limit the smartlists to only show complete albums that have not been played within the last six months?  I tried just inputting that as a Rule but it would show tracks inside an album that haven't been played and remove the rest of the tracks from the album.  Is this at all possible? 

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Do you want it to display albums where no track has been played in the last six months, or where the entire album has not been played in the last six months?

The former is possible.  The latter is not (without trickery several orders of magnitude above my level of competency).  MC only tracks when individual files were last played, and doesn't track the "last played state" of entire albums.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Assuming you mean the former, and that I fully understand what you're looking for, this should work:

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Media Sub Type]=[],[Music] [Last Played]=>26w ~limit=1,-1,[Album],[Album Artist (auto)] ~sort=Random ~a
Paste it into the Import/Export box. That list spits out one full album, at random, from a pool of all tracks that haven't been played in the last 6 months. I didn't add a Genre limit to it like you did, but you could add that if you want:

Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Media Sub Type]=[],[Music] [Last Played]=>26w [Genre]=[Indie] ~limit=1,-1,[Album],[Album Artist (auto)] ~sort=Random ~a
The ~a modifier expands to full albums.  Remember that the order of modifiers matters.  In a search expression, they are processed in-order from left to right (in the written out version of the search), or top-to-bottom in the GUI Smartlist Editor.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Afrosheen

• Galactic Citizen

You're awesome Glynor!  Thank you very much! And yes you understood my question perfectly.  Thanks again Glynor! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up