INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Integration of MCIS (or the like)  (Read 2944 times)

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe
Integration of MCIS (or the like)
« on: May 04, 2015, 09:02:28 pm »

With the Ipod discontinued and with things with Apple relatively stable (it seems), I am wondering if it might make marketing sense to integrate Apple interconnectivity of some type (e.g., something like MCIS) into a future version of MC.  Maybe (as Jim has repeatedly said) not the tight integration of before, but the looser capability to provide a transfer of information of files and playlists, et al.  Just a thought.
John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Integration of MCIS (or the like) into MC21
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 06:24:26 am »

I don't want JRiver to be responsible for good iOS support.  Apple isn't a reliable partner.  I'm sorry.  I wish it were different.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Integration of MCIS (or the like) into MC21
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 07:42:07 pm »

IMHO the best way to solve this problem is to integrate offline playback capabilities into JRemote.  Then syncing entirely becomes:

* Unnecessary for most users
* Entirely within JRiver's control

Both of which are wins.  No matter how good the integration with iTunes becomes (and the iTunes API is fairly stable, and has been for a long time), there's no guarantee that Apple won't up-and-discontinue iTunes entirely in a year or two.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see that kind of thing happen at all, and for them to move to a "SyncToy" kind of solution, morphing iTunes itself into a Beats Audio service player.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jeh14

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Integration of MCIS (or the like)
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 05:42:26 pm »

MCIS didn't work at all well for me. I would prefer that at least the current level of iPod support be maintained.

I would just convert the iPod to Rockbox, except that a) MC doesn't sync playlists to Rockbox, and I need that; and b) I can't control my Rockbox'd iPod from my car's head unit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up