INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.261 beta available  (Read 2414 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.261 beta available
« on: September 29, 2003, 09:51:16 am »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is BETA software.  There are still some known (and unknown) bugs.    

The latest known stable version of 9.1 beta is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe  

The latest build of 9.1 beta is here:    
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91261.exe

Please report only known problems in this thread.   If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:
1. Fixed: List control could leave a row of pixels below the header unpainted on W2K.
2. Fixed: List headers didn't track the mouse properly if the list was scrolled horizontally.
3. Fixed: After deleting an image in fullscreen and returning, the view wouldn't always paint the deleted files properly.
4. Fixed: Setting an image as the desktop wallpaper from fullscreen wouldn't bring the options dialog to the front.
5. Fixed: Add to Playing Now > Play Next wasn't working properly.
6. Fixed: Clicking on subfolder of Removable Drive player will not crash.
7. Fixed: When transfering to a Portable Device, Upload, Cancel and Options are disabled.
8. Fixed: "Click here to start" button would not show up for some devices.
9. Changed: Removed some unnecessary menu nesting in the Action Window.
10. Fixed: Cleaning file properties of files on a CD could corrupt MC's database link to the file.
11. Fixed: Cleaning file properties of "Filename (name)" would capitalize the extension.
12. Fixed: Fixing capitalization better handles strings with ampersands. (&)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
  • Absence of alternatives clears the mind nicely.
Re: Media Center 9.1.261 beta available
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 10:51:37 am »

>>1. Fixed: List control could leave a row of pixels below the header unpainted on W2K.
Quick check shows no problems. Looks fixed.

>>5. Fixed: Add to Playing Now > Play Next wasn't working properly.
Don't know about this specific instance. Shell integration -> Media Center - > Play is not replacing files, it inserts them into Playing Now and plays at that point. Shell -> Add to Playing Now works fine.

nivw

• World Citizen
  • "I m singing in the rain, na na nanana..."
Video keeps reverting to NTSC
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 10:55:07 am »

Hi,
In continue to a previos report on this bug, I have tried showshifter, and found that their the settings load up well. So I ask again that you try to make MC remember my PAL setting.

I also ask to be able to delete unwanted chanels from the TV Tuner window, witout having to enter the option window

I have the the FlyVideo 98 with the conexant 878a video card.
Here is the rest:

Media Center Registered 9.1.261 -- F:\Program Files\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1458 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 141 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3700.6705 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1210A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

10x,
Niv

Rands

• Galactic Citizen
  • How am I supposed to enjoy this with you crying?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 11:15:16 am »

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/09/09   Priority: Low
    Folder Displayed Twice
    In My Computer, if a folder is dragged to a new location it appears two times.
Toast goes in the toaster.

breadfan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 11:19:58 am »

im not sure if it started in 260 or 261 but fade out now doesnt work. it will take all the time that a fade would but doesnt actually execute the fade. ie you press stop and it wont let you do anything while the music continues (and doesnt fade) and then stops abruptly while the program still won't let you control it like i should if it was actually fading.

jam

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 11:37:34 am »

Still having very basic play back issue.  This problem is introduced from 9.1.259 like I described
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=MediaCenter;action=display;num=1064441905

When MC9.1 finishes one APE song and switches to next APE, it repeats very short period of the end of first song about 2 seconds (this was like 4 seconds on 259.  It becomes little shorter but... it's clearly not the correct way to solve this problem).

I'm using corss-fade (aggressive) with gapless option.  Even if I use gapless instead of cross-fade, it does the same thing.  MC9.1.257 didn't have this problem.  
The remedy of this problem is... re-installation 9.1.257 over 261.

I'm not sure why this problem is left open this long.  ?

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2003, 11:45:21 am »

When syncing the iPod (don't know about other portable devices), where the "space left on device" display appears, there's a load of spurious text followed by the actual amount.  Was fine in previous versions.

EDIT:  There's also something REALLY odd going on with syncing which I think was introduced in .260.  New files sync'd to the iPod are appearing twice in the list when viewed through Media Center.  Yet they don't appear on the iPod menu itself.

When looking at this in Media Center, one instance of the song appears to be in the "All Music" playlist and one does not.  Attempting to delete the entries which are NOT in "All Music" (directly from the iPod via MC) results in a File Error 2 - deletion error, which suggests they are not real tracks.

Deleting the "real" versions of these tracks and leaving the "false" versions (again, directly from the iPod via MC) works OK.  Doing a further sync after this copies the tracks back from the PC to the iPod, but they still do not appear on the iPod's menu.

Jeez - what a mess.  :)  I'm going back a couple of versions till this is resolved. :)

EDIT 2: Even going back to an earlier version (259) does not allow me to remove these files.  I really do not want to have to reload my entire iPod. :(

ZRocker

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2003, 12:05:56 pm »

1. Fixed: List control could leave a row of pixels below the header unpainted on W2K.

Kind of, but not really...now it just shows part of a 'blank' list row (can happen if track # 1 in list is shown too):

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2003, 12:10:06 pm »

jam, please reply to the private message I sent you the other day about your problem.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ZRocker

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2003, 12:11:05 pm »

6. Fixed: Clicking on subfolder of Removable Drive player will not crash.

Now MC crashes when clicking on the driver letter (under CD, DVD & Handhelds)...problem is worse, can't even see the subfolders now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up