INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FLIRC usb dongle  (Read 2520 times)

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
FLIRC usb dongle
« on: May 10, 2015, 08:49:01 am »

I would like to be able to use my universal remote (URC MX-900) to control MC20 on my laptop.
I only really need simple basic commands to work---- Play   pause  stop   next    previous.  The URC MX-900 will control the rest of the commands needed to turn on the receiver, get the correct input/source, volume, etc.

When I go to MC20 > TOOLS  > OPTIONS  > REMOTE CONTROLS > DEVICE & OPTIONS    there are several options, but I think I need to choose USB-UUIRT. I am pretty sure the FLIRC is a USB-UUIRT.
When I looked at the FLIRC webpage and some YouTube videos, it appears that I will need to know the keyboard commands for MC20 which are listed under PLAYER at the top of MC20--- play/pause= control+p, etc.

If there is anyone here who is using FLIRC with a universal remote to control MC20 could you please help me.
Do I understand the setup correctly?
Is there a list of different keyboard commands for MC20 that are not listed under PLAYER or VIEW ? Like  UP, DOWN, SELECT, etc.??
If anyone is using a URC universal remote, are there JRiver MC20 commands in their MX EDITOR list of commands? Or doesn't it matter what commands are in the MX-900 as long as they are matched with the correct keyboard commands in the FLIRC setup?

Al ex

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 12:20:48 pm »

Use these hotkeys in combination with a universal RC and FLIRC: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Keyboard_Hot-keys

tngiloy

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: FLIRC usb dongle
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 02:13:06 pm »

Perfect.  ;D
Thanks,
Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up