INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display Scanned Liner Notes with Album?  (Read 1025 times)

pmcgregor

Display Scanned Liner Notes with Album?
« on: May 07, 2015, 08:43:17 pm »

I've explored the menus and searched the Interact forum (just so you know I've tried finding the answer on my own) for info on whether pdf files of scanned liner notes can be made to display (optionally or automatically) when albums or songs are selected for play. If this is a current feature, how do I link the liner notes document to the album?

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Display Scanned Liner Notes with Album?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 07:08:31 am »

you can get these to display but not automatically be linked. You could make a mixed view provided you tag these coherently with your albums, artists etc -- pdfs would open up in your default browser though unless they were coverted to image files, which is not what you want really.

However, they can be associated out of the box using JRemote. Work very well in an ipad, can't speak for the android version though. This is a lot more practical anyways - I have whole librettos from operas that i can read a long with. I'd recommend this as the other would be pretty much of a gadget and not really viable except sitting in front of a computer.

pmcgregor

Re: Display Scanned Liner Notes with Album?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 11:45:15 pm »

Thank you for your reply and for the info. It does make sense to read the liner notes via a tablet used as a remote control rather than via laptop or desktop monitor.

-Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up