INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: album jpg thumbnails not showing in Artist/Album view  (Read 3768 times)

jonpom

• Recent member
album jpg thumbnails not showing in Artist/Album view
« on: May 11, 2015, 08:45:14 pm »

Forgive me if I have overlooked a previous, obvious answer; but why can't I see album cover art (a "?" is displayed in some but not all cases) in album/artist view under "Audio" even though album art shows when I drill down to individual albums? It doesn't matter if there is a single or multiple albums per artist.

chrisc

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: album jpg thumbnails not showing in Artist/Album view
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 01:33:27 am »

I also get that now and then, and fix it by editing the Tag and importing a picture.  Generally, the image should be in the same folder as the music
If music be the food of love, play on

jonpom

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 10:07:16 am »

I also get that now and then, and fix it by editing the Tag and importing a picture.  Generally, the image should be in the same folder as the music

My problem is that for many albums the jpg shows up when I select individual albums, but displays "?" in screens that include other albums, many of which display jpg in all cases, i.e., no "?" at all.

chrisc

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 11:27:30 am »

Thinking about this, I also saw that.  When in that view, I just selected Tags and without doing anything else, the thumbnails appeared
If music be the food of love, play on

jonpom

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 12:23:13 pm »

Thinking about this, I also saw that.  When in that view, I just selected Tags and without doing anything else, the thumbnails appeared
Thanks, I'll give it a try!

jonpom

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2015, 05:13:05 pm »

No go for me- "music note" still shows within Audio Artist/Album window, while underlying album itself displays the jpg. 

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 05:43:24 pm »

Have you tried rebuilding the thumbnails for one or more of those albums?  Select some songs, right click, then:  Cover Art -> Rebuild Thumbnail .

I have no experience with this; just offering a suggestion that seems worth trying.

Brian.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 07:26:04 pm »

Unless you have a setup you haven't described, this is probably an antivirus problem or similar.

jonpom

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 06:24:52 am »

Have you tried rebuilding the thumbnails for one or more of those albums?  Select some songs, right click, then:  Cover Art -> Rebuild Thumbnail .

This worked! But the rebuilding of one Album/Artist at a time is very time consuming. Is there a "macro" operation to do this for only those albums whose cover is not showing under Audio screen which displays thumbnails of all albums?

jonpom

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 07:58:56 pm »

Nevermind- just highlight a bunch of albums and right click to select cover art, rebuild thumbnail and DONE! DAH!!!

blgentry

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 08:14:11 pm »

Good job!  Glad to hear you got it fixed.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up