INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neet AirStream does not stream from JRiver unless WPA/WPA2 is turned off  (Read 1715 times)

livinginabox81

• Recent member

Hi JRiver Forum folks,

Background: I use JRiver Media Server to stream media to all my devices (android tablet, 2 android phones, Ipad, work laptop and home pc) and have set it to require a username and password as well as the usual server key needed to connect devices to said server. Media playback is flawless on all devices and everything is grand.

Main Problem: When using the Neet Airstream device, my various mobile devices will not stream audio from the JRiver library (using JRemote, Gizmo or Eos, or the actual PC desktop version) to the Neet Airstream when the Neet Airstream has WIFI encryption enabled. I can stream all music stored on the phone, but not JRiver server. I turn off the WIFI encryption on the Neet Airstream, connect to it again, and I can stream from JRiver again. Problem is: This is ridiculously insecure. Anyone near me can't actually connect to the Neet airstream and start playing music through the stereo without a password.

Does anyone have any idea why this is?
Pages: [1]   Go Up