INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Volume Leveling Question  (Read 1068 times)

OleBoot

• Recent member
Volume Leveling Question
« on: May 13, 2015, 05:43:27 pm »

Posted this question tacked onto another thread I started, but the title was misleading, so here it is again!

I have a question about volume leveling when I use Convert Format to create files for use in my car on a USB drive. I enabled DSP in the options box and checked Volume Leveling in the DSP options. I then simply selected all the albums I wanted to convert and did a Convert Format. Individual albums are good, but there is a big difference between albums. Do I need to put everything I want to convert in a Playlist and then select all tracks in the Playlist and hit Library Tools, Convert Format?  If so, how would I add albums at a later date? Would I need to add to the Playlist and convert the whole Playlist again?

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Volume Leveling Question
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 02:51:45 am »

As I understand it, the results of Volume Levelling are consistent across all tracks without the need to compare against every album in the database.  This means you should be able to Volume Level when converting a subset and still get consistent results...

Conversion and DSP has been fixed/broken/fixed of late...  it might be worth doing a fresh convert of all tracks on your external device to ensure correct conversion...

OleBoot

• Recent member
Re: Volume Leveling Question
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 09:21:01 am »

That's how I thought it worked as well, but it didn't seem to in this case. I only use volume leveling for playlists on my main system (have a zone for Playlists, so I can have different DSP settings), and that works like a charm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up