INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote 3.10 – Switching Subtitles, Audio Streams and Video Chapters  (Read 5666 times)

User99

Is there an easy method using JRemote to switch subtitles, audio streams and video chapters?

Currently, I use the “Remote” feature in JRemote to switch audio and subtitle tracks.  However, the “Hold for continuous navigation” feature moves too quickly, which sometimes causes missing the desired option.

For me, it would be helpful having menu options on JRemote that allow easy switching of subtitles, audio streams and video chapters.  I have properly flagged videos with forced subtitles, thus such subtitles display without further settings.  However, it would be convenient to easily enable other subtitle tracks during playback.  As for audio streams, it would be nice to switch streams during playback for some videos, such as concerts (e.g., switching from 5.1 to 2.0).  Also for concert videos, it would be nice to display and change chapters during playback (essentially, switching song tracks).

Thanks,

Sam

Trumpetguy

• Citizen of the Universe

+100

I think I have requested the ability to switch audio tracks earlier (for Gizmo at the time). Not having this feature is actually a show-stopper. Only last night, the kids wanted to see a movie. As they don't speak English yet, the dubbed version was requested. The solution? Use Plex and Chromecast, not JRemote. With Plex, choosing subtitles and your audio track of preference is intuitive (and possible).

OT: Chromecast is also much preferred solution to dlna. More responsive and stable (on my TV), not at least because CS is able to switch on my television directly, while using dlna, I need to use the tv's remote to switch it on, then wait a couple of minutes for the device to show up in JRemote, and then start the playback. /OT

And this is the situation every time.

glynor

• MC Beta Team

I'd like to see Chapter Support. Subtitles and alternate audio tracks are important too, just not to me personally.

+1
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

xtraktz

• Junior Woodchuck

And nothing has changed... But still important
+1000!
MAC MINI > dCS DEBUSSY > ATC SCA2 > ATC SCM 50 ASLT

TheShoe

• MC Beta Team

+1

frustrated this is missing. 

as is a simple up/down/left/right nav control.   touch controls to navigate are maddening when using it as a remote mouse

TV: LG OLED C1 83"
3D: LG OLED C6 65" (two) - madVR MVC->SBS
3D: Valve Index (using Media Center+MadVR) + Virtual Home Theater (Steam)
HTPC: Core i7, Win11, nVidia 3090RTX
Storage: 500TB Snapraid via SMB to Ubuntu 18 LTS server
Audio: exaSound e68 Multichannel USB DAC, Sonus Faber Speakers, REL Subx2
Video: HDMI 2.1/4K@120Hz, JRVR (2D), MadVR (3D), 7.1 Channel Audio into AMPs: Conrad Johnson 2/5 Channel Amps, Marantz av8805A PreAmp
Cables: Shotgun Interconnects, AudioQuest Cinnamon 48GB HDMI cables

Al ex

Re: JRemote 3.10 – Switching Subtitles, Audio Streams and Video Chapters
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 03:39:04 pm »

+1

It's a pity this is not better supported.

Having wrong subtitles on a movie and cannot watch it on my cell phone, as I cannot switch them off neither in JRemote or Gizmo.

NirreFirre

• Recent member

+1
My kids are also finding the first audio track being English is a showstopper in quite a few of our ripped media. Going from a Nexus 7 to an iPad Pro has been pretty nice overall but Bubbleupnp + MX Player kicks JRemote...it's video handling is so limited, please have a look at VLC on iOS to see how the playback can be done on the platform.

Also, another use case. Having watched X % of a movie or show but forced to change device or pick up the same device at a later time (restarting the video), the missing seek possibility a pain. Cmon, seek has been on audio devices since when, the 60s? And on VHS from the beginning :(

Not very happy the development effectively seems to have stopped judging the update rate 1 in all of -16!). This app is key for the JRiver ecosystem, it's hard to recommend friends and family when the "mobile half" of the package is so neglected..

NirreFirre

• Recent member

Hey, just thought of a interim workaround, allow the full uri of the media to be copied to the clipboard and then used in a iOS player of one's choice that can handle it. VLC may have an "ios URL schema " but probably not good to depend on a specific app.

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 06:07:57 pm »

Have any improvements been made in this area for JRemote 3.25?

It would be great for JRemote to manage audio streams for video files.
If I have an MKV file, can't JRemote display the possible audio streams and allow me to choose one?
At the very least, it should display the audio stream that is playing.

It would also be nice if MC 23 could manage the stream selection automatically based on my preferences.
For example: If there are DTS, Dolby and Stereo tracks, I may want to always select DTS first.
HTPC - Windows 10 64-bit Intel i5, Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 01:53:36 pm »

JRemote development has basically been dead for ages and it has also been stated that no new features (or bug fixes) is planned in foreseeable future.
Pages: [1]   Go Up