INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC9 and Audible  (Read 1053 times)

parannoya

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MC9 and Audible
« on: September 28, 2003, 05:43:16 pm »

Now that I'm somewhat up and running, I wanted to start a thread to discuss Audible on MC9.  

For now, I've gone back to 9.1.256 and although I have the rebuild database problem, I'm avoiding it for now by not loading my music files for the moment.  So finally, I can play with MC9 for Audible.  I'm still learning my way around but heres a few thoughts"

As a heavy user of MP3 and Audible files, I am looking for an application that lets me use ONE application to manage my media, rather than juggling two.  MC9 has the potential to do that, much like iTunes already does on the MAC.

1) bookmarks- so far it seems to be working. i loaded four books, dismounted, set bookmarks, reconnected and added another Audible file, disconnected, checked bookmarks, reconnected, added a couple of MP3's, disconnected. Checked again and bookmarks are still there.  Hallelujah!  That makes you the first independent app to get this.  Awesome.  

2)  File tags- AudibleManager automatically files audibles files under a single album name of Audible. (Ephpod = Audible.com)
This method is great because it gives you a quick and easy way to find Audible files on the iPod without having to manage playlists. I highly recommend implementing this.  In the meantime, I suppose I can regtag them all myself, but much better if its automatic.

I'm looking forward to the next build so hopefully I can get my Music loaded and see how everything goes.

Later.
Pages: [1]   Go Up