INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EOS/JRemote any possibility of incorporating universal remote?  (Read 2284 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

ran across this last night https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.remotefairy

and it works great with all the hardware devices i threw at it (and the customization is phenomenal)... the only thing i find very frustrating is that this app among others don't seem to be able to add apps. not to control them but once an activity has been done...turn on tv, turn on amp, OPEN EOS, JREMOTE, Light app, etc...

Could this even be done? maybe by working with universal remote builders if JRiver is not interested in going down the universal side?

Oh to have an end all be all UNIVERSAL remote would be stellar.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: EOS/JRemote any possibility of incorporating universal remote?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 10:46:02 am »

JRiver and other programs have a Web Service Interface. iRule is a program that accesses this for many programs, including JRiver, and allows for a single, universal remote. You can also program it to open other apps so that JRemote can be incorporated into iRule.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 05:10:28 pm »

thanks for the info Mojave,
are you personally using irule?
mind sharing some screenshots?
Thanks

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 05:39:42 pm »

I'm not using iRule. JRiver is the source of all my content so I only use eos/JRemote. Fitbrit uses iRule.

HTPC4ME

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 10:20:03 am »

Thanks anyway Mojave
I'll just wait to see if fit scrolls through, maybe they will share there experiences/photos/vids.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 09:21:19 pm »

Hi there. I do use iRule and love it - mostly! However, my integration of it with MC is pretty minimal. I have a few commands (up, down, left, right, enter, play/pause, stop etc.) on some of my pages. However, these are simply buttons that I have programmed to use the MCWS commands with the IP address of the MC instance I want to control. This is sufficient to navigate Theater View if needed, but to be honest the most use of these comes from the OSD. I still use a Logitech K830 keyboard to navigate and find my media, for the most part. I occasionally use JRemote, but that is mostly for mobile listening.

Having said that, iRule can be used to launch external apps on the tablet, so JRemote can be that app. However, once you do this, you are no longer in the iRule app for controlling anything else. Look up JRemote or Gizmo in the huge iRule threads in AVSForum - I never got around to integrating it myself, and in fact I don't see the need to do so any more. Another possible solution to integrating MC is to build in a mouse trackpad into iRule and then use that to control MC. Details on that are also in AVSforum, but I don't know how to do it off-hand.

Oh, I almost forgot: Webpages can be rendered within iRule, so it is possible to make that page WebGizmo. Again, the details are in the AVS thread, but I have found that the iRule support pages are a good forum to get info too.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 10:14:13 pm »

I'm not using iRule. JRiver is the source of all my content so I only use eos/JRemote. Fitbrit uses iRule.

Well-remembered!

HTPC4ME

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 10:54:01 am »

I never thought of checking out AVS. will have a look there.

Thanks for the info Fitbrit!

Pages: [1]   Go Up