INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Controlling Amplifier volume from JRiver app  (Read 1779 times)

batteries4ever

• Recent member
Controlling Amplifier volume from JRiver app
« on: May 15, 2015, 10:57:59 am »

Maybe I missed something, I certainly took a long look at all the topics here, but I simply cannot seem to get JRiver to control the volume of the amplifier.
I switched the DSP to WASAPI with an optical SP/DIF to a DA converter and analog out to the amplifier.
This sounds good, but sound setting on the PC do not effect the sound level anymore (which makes sense since the HTPC should just send the digital output without touching it somehow).

So... I need to control the volume at the amplifier.

I have:
- a Logitech Harmony One which can control the amplifier.
- a Logitech smart control which also can control the amplifier, also from the Logitech app on my iPhone.
- The HTPC has an IR port for a remote keyboard and an iMon IR and VDF display. The display works, thanks to a driver found on the forum: thanks mib4755!

I control the songs from my iPad/iPhone, within the JRemote app.
My aim is to at least control the volume as well from that app as well, w/o switching apps (which would take more time than juggling 2 remotes).
It sounds like it should be easy, but so far no luck.
Any pointers in the right direction would be very welcome!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Controlling Amplifier volume from JRiver app
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 11:02:43 am »

MC has several volume settings.  Try "Internal".  Click on the speaker icon in the upper left corner to begin.

batteries4ever

• Recent member
Re: Controlling Amplifier volume from JRiver app
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 12:06:35 pm »

Thanks, JimH, that was embarrassingly simple... and I had looked into the volume options, but not realized what "internal volume" was actually doing :-[!
I took about .5 s to set.... and some more seconds to adjust the volume so as to match up with other resources for the amp.

I am happy, happy, happy! :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up