INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deinterlacing in MC 20.0.94  (Read 1831 times)

John Smith

• Junior Woodchuck
Deinterlacing in MC 20.0.94
« on: May 16, 2015, 01:38:32 pm »

Trying to see 1080i records of snooker World Championship on my macbook pro...

I can see strong interlacing artifacts, but can't solve it.  Checked the JRiver wiki and found reference to MadVR Expert Guide. 
However, I can't even reach MadVR configuration menus.

Please advice.  Thanks.

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Deinterlacing in MC 20.0.94
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 01:41:13 pm »

You posted this in the Mac sub-forums, so I'm going to assume you use a Mac?
Macs do not support madVR, and unfortunately do we not support deinterlacing on a Macs yet either.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

John Smith

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 02:29:03 pm »

You posted this in the Mac sub-forums, so I'm going to assume you use a Mac?
Macs do not support madVR, and unfortunately do we not support deinterlacing on a Macs yet either.
Sure, Hendrik, I am using mac. Macbook pro as I indicated.

By the way, I can't see in that MadVR Expert Guide any notice that it's not applicable for mac version. Seems it's some defect of this guide.

As for me, I am starting to realize that the mac version of JRiver MC is not so perfect...  :)  No subtitles support, no MadVR support, versions are always late.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 08:09:48 pm »

Until MC's video support on the Mac is more mature, you can use a free alternative.  VLC has several different deinterlacing options that seem to work well.  It's free to try and it's what I use to watch almost every movie I play on my Mac.

Best of luck.

Brian.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 08:46:33 pm »

madvr is a third-party DirectShow plugin that MC uses. But they don't make it, madshi does, and he makes it for Windows.

The goal of the built-in Video player in MC is, I think to eventually replicate as much of madvr (or what MC uses of it, at least) as is possible for OSX and Linux.  But, it is basically brand new and certainly does not match Red October's full feature set on Windows.

By the way, I can't see in that MadVR Expert Guide any notice that it's not applicable for mac version. Seems it's some defect of this guide.

The Wiki has some cross-platform applicability.  Lots, in fact, but... I agree, there is no consistent "tagging" of articles that apply to Windows-only, or Mac-only, or cross platform.  I've had it on my list to make a template to do this for some time, but I haven't decided on a good style.  I'd like some kind of "footer box" that can list what OS and what version an article is applicable to, but... Too much stuff, basically no time.

For now, I did make this list, which is "stickied" to the top of the Mac board.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up