INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver and Cambridge CXN  (Read 4126 times)

Weekender

JRiver and Cambridge CXN
« on: May 22, 2015, 12:40:14 pm »

Hello,

Wonder if anyone has been using the Cambridge CXN with JRiver. I am having an issue...I have ripped CDs to FLAC via dBpoweramp to a Synology DS215j NAS drive. I am streaming to the CXN from JRiver but the tracks appear to be playing at 320kps MP3 and not FLAC. I have used the Media Network-Audio Conversion option and selected "Conversion:Don't convert Audio" and Encoder : PCM 16bit options.
I do have a query with Cambridge via Richer Sounds and realise this is a new product but any advice much appreciated

Weekender

Re: JRiver and Cambridge CXN
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 05:51:06 am »

OK so things have moved on a little overnight in the same one step forward-one step back format I have been hoving to since plugging in the streamer last weekend(!). I have changed the settings in the Media Network-DLNA Servers-Audio to Mode:Original and Format:PCM 16bit. The streamer has now started playing the tracks as FLACs...however there is major buffering and JRiver apt to crash. Any advice on settings? i.e. in Audio-Settings there is a DSP and Output format options tab? Or Prebuffering?

Weekender

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 06:43:34 am »

Some sort of lift off. I removed the children from their PS4 and PS3's and buffering gone. So internal speed issue, probably due to powerline adapters as we are not hard-wired ethernet to all devices: the router, NAS and PS3 hard-wired upstairs; the PC, streamer and PS4 on powerlines in cellar downstairs. Will probably look into ethernet cable laid to downstairs.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 07:28:24 am »

You may also find that faster powerline adaptors are available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up