INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote: How To Show Television And Guide On Ipad  (Read 2257 times)

planetbrian

• Recent member
JRemote: How To Show Television And Guide On Ipad
« on: May 16, 2015, 08:19:02 pm »

What are the steps involved to show the Television and Guide on my Ipad using JRemote, I am using the latest JRiver version on Windows 8.1 updated?  I have looked everywhere and tried to do it on my own, but it seems difficult or impossible to add the option.

Shouldn't it show by default or be intuitive to add?  I am sure I am not doing something right.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote: How To Show Television And Guide On Ipad
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 06:59:19 am »

It will only work if you're connected to MC running on Windows and the EPG needs to be set up and working there.

Does any other video work?

planetbrian

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 08:16:14 am »

Yes, I can select all other video and audio (from Synology NAS) remotely using the JRemote (latest) w/ Ipad (Air 2) and it will play on the big screen.  I am using the latest JRiver version on Windows 8.1 (updated )and the Program Guide (EPG??) is working.  I can watch the tv shows and use the guide if I select them directly from my Windows pc on the JRiver program and I can also use the Ipad with JRemote to control everything else...I just cannot control the Television channels or guide using JRemote on the Ipad as it is not visible on the Ipad w/JRemote.

How can I make the Television and Guide (EPG) visible and usable on the Ipad using JRemote?

Thanks for helping.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 10:05:02 am »

I've never tried this, but... I imagine that JRemote won't show those views if it is set to play to Device.  Are you sure you've selected one of the Server's Zones as the active Play To Zone in JRemote?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 10:22:35 am »

Yeah... I just went and looked. I don't think MCWS can serve the special grid-style Guide Views (or if it does, JRemote doesn't know what to do with them).

First of all, re-adding those special Guide views is annoying if you've accidentally deleted them out of Theater View.  Most of the "special" view types are accessible via the Add button in the list of preset views, but not any of the Guide views:

But, you can manually recreate them if needed.  Here's the setup for the Grid-style Guide for Theater View. Add a new View where you'd like in Theater View, called Guide and then use this for the Set Rules for file display:
Code: [Select]
[TVTime]=>#TVGuideStartDate ~d=g
Then underneath that, if you'd like to have the default 7-day grid view, nest another one with this Search:

Code: [Select]
[TVTime]=#TVGuideStartDate-7d
You can also recreate the default Time one. This one has no special search, but has only the Special Television Time category added:

So, you can copy these over to your Media Network setup manually, and they "work", but the Grid doesn't appear as a grid like it does in Theater View.  I'm not surprised here.

The Television Time style view seems to work correctly though.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

planetbrian

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 07:42:50 pm »

Thanks for the info and research.  THAT seems pretty involved just to see it on the JRemote.  I think I will pass and just keep using Windows Media Center for Television.  It's too bad too as I was looking forward to using JRiver for everything....wish they had a TV interface like WMC.

planetbrian

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 11:56:37 am »

Well I did get the stations to show up on JRemote...somewhat.  Now when I select a tv station using JRemote, an error shows up saying the it could not create a folder on my NAS.  It does not play the tv station either.

Any ideas?
Pages: [1]   Go Up