INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote  (Read 2408 times)

ronron

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
JRemote
« on: May 17, 2015, 12:24:20 pm »

Will the jremote app allow me to play the songs on my phone.  If so. How?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 12:40:49 pm »

No, but you can play the library from your home machine.

In JRemote, you enter the Access Key for your server.  Then you choose the location to play, and that is "This Device".

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 12:49:57 pm »

Well, it depends on what you mean by "playing the songs on my phone".

If you mean playing the files that are loaded onto the storage on your phone (like the built in Music app does), then no.  If you mean, stream from the server to your phone and play the songs there (rather than just remote-control the server), then yes.

To do the latter, switch the Current Zone to This Device.

You can access the Zones from the root menu (under the Hamburger button, where you change from Audio, to the other top-level Views like Video, Playlists, or Images).  It is down at the bottom, and has a "bullseye" looking icon:

Tapping this, brings up the Zone selector screen. From there you can select from any of the Zones available on the server, and you can also pick the special "This Device" zone:

You can also switch using the bullseye icon on the Playing Now screen:

By default, when you connect to a server, it will set JRemote to whatever zone is currently active on the server. If you have a particular server which you want to always start up in This Device mode, then you can do this by editing the settings for that server.

and then toggle:

You can also set two options on the main Settings page which determine which zone is active automatically on JRemote:

* Server follows app zone changes: If enabled, then when you change zones on JRemote, the Server itself will also switch to the newly selected zone. Switching to the special This Device zone is ignored by the Server.

* App follows server zone changes: If enabled, then when you change zones on the Server, then JRemote will follow it.

"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up