INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Slide Show Generation - Feature Request  (Read 3558 times)

defiant

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Slide Show Generation - Feature Request
« on: September 24, 2003, 11:30:22 am »

Would it be possible to add a slide show generator to Media Center?

I love MC's ability to tag photos with descriptions etc.  It would be great if you could make a playlist of photos and export them to a set of html pages w/pictures that can be uploaded to a web server etc.  MC already has the capability to create the playlists.  Its just adding the HTML generation capabilities.  

If MC can already do this - can someone tell me how?  
Is there a SDK for medica center that will allow me to write a add-on that will do this?  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Slide Show Generation - Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 11:46:24 am »

Please check the help section of MC.

Slide show is just playback of images.  Select some or make a playlist and then press the play button.

Web pages can be built by selecting images and using the right click/send to option.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 11:53:30 am »

I think Nila is currently in the process of creating a plugin that will do this.  I am not sure how far he has got...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

ThayirVadai

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 12:18:27 pm »

Hello,

I tried using the "Send" to option, but it looks for a ftp server.  What if I want to generate the html pages locally and then upload?  The web server where I upload pages don't have ftp enabled, just sftp/scp.

If thumb nails are also generated it would be great?

Thanks,
TV

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2003, 12:24:07 pm »

MC generates the pages and uploads them to an FTP server.

ThayirVadai

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2003, 01:13:19 pm »

So basically, if I don't hav a ftp server available to upload, there isn't much I can do :-\

TV

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2003, 01:26:28 pm »

That about sums it up.

defiant

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2003, 01:32:38 pm »

I guess what I am looking for is a way to export the MC generated slide show to a local directory.  This will allow me to upload to my ftp server or just burn it on a cd to distribute etc.

JimH - is there a SDK for MC that I can use to write the export utility myself?  

defiant

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2003, 01:36:25 pm »

Nevermind...found the SDK...duh  ::)

ThayirVadai

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2003, 02:49:22 pm »

JimH,

can you give us the choice of saving the html pages locally in one of the future releases, I wouldn't think it would be too much work or may be I am wrong?

Thanks,
TV

nila

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2003, 01:09:20 am »

Yeah,

I'm making a web page creator plugin.

Unfortunately I've been off my feet at work for the last couple of months working all day then doing other jobs in the evening so have had little free time. i've had a bit more time this week so have been trying to do it.

Here are a couple of screen shots of it so far (it's not finished).

http://www.hostrus.co.uk/tmp/wc/wc1.jpg

http://www.hostrus.co.uk/tmp/wc/wc2.jpg

http://www.hostrus.co.uk/tmp/wc/wc3.jpg

http://www.hostrus.co.uk/tmp/wc/wc4.jpg

http://www.hostrus.co.uk/tmp/wc/wc5.jpg

On the thumbs page and the picture page I'm going to remove the option for chosing link colours and replace it with font size and family options - there's not really going to be many links per page so it's a pointless set of options.

All colours, etc will be saved in an external css file and so will be EASY to modify for all pages in one go for advanced options.
ALL fields found are put inside layers with the field name as the layer style and ID so you can manipulate them easily though the css file (will let you change all pages from one file)

The tricky bit is I'm trying to make it support full MC Fields for almost all text input's and that gets a bit tricky when adding it for folder directories and filenames but I'm getting there.

Write now it can resize all the images and resample them and can produce the single image html pages and the css file. Just have to make it do the thumbnail pages then it's ready for first stage release.

Hopefully by this week it'll be more or less done - just depends on work and how much free time I can get.

Next comes ftp support to make it upload all the images too but that's later.

nila

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2003, 02:47:06 am »

If anyone has a library with a lot of images with tag info saved it'd be really helpful if I could get a copy of it so I can test the plugin with all the field data entered. I haven't had a chance to tag all my images yet.

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2003, 12:18:56 pm »

Nila - This looks great!

So is it correct that with this plugin we could just burn it to a cd instead of upload?

That's what it sounds/looks like, just want to confirm.

This will be a huge benefit to media center.  I don't have a website and don't have much interest in putting one together.  But this would be a great way to share photos with family etc.  

Being able to add captions really allows you to start to be able to tell a story and this plugin looks like it will make it very quick and easy.

JRiver - Not everyone puts everything on the web.  I was going to start playing with sending photos to html, but I didn't know that I would have to ftp them......not interested.

nila

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2003, 12:16:56 am »

Yeah you could,
I dont wanna go into it too much in this thread because otherwise it'll get moved to the plugin's forum.

http://www.hostrus.co.uk/tmp/wc/pictures_html/picture_page_1.html
Here's a link to a demo site of what it can do so far (not much tag info filled in as I haven't tagged my images).

The full pages and css is now fully working. Just need to get it to make the thumbnails as well now and this version will be done.
The HTML code for the page will also be fully editable so people can customise it to make the page however they want.
Visual tweaking can then be done with the produced .css file.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2003, 01:16:41 am »

This is looking really good Nila...  I was just wondering if there will be any way to click a thumbnail and show the pic full size??

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

nila

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2003, 04:35:37 am »

Yeah - that's why it's not finished - I have to make the code that will create the thumbnail pages
clicking on the thumbnail will then take you to that full sized page (the ones you can see now).

Thumbnail page is a little tricky but I should be able to do it given a little bit of time and presuming this head ache from over working will go away.

defiant

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2003, 10:28:31 am »

Nila - this looks very good.  Exactly what I was looking for.  Let me know when/where I can download it and I will definitely try it out.  If you need any help with the project, I would like to volunteer to help.  Let me know.  

nila

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2003, 10:47:22 am »

Ok,
It's more or less ready.

Call it Alpha testing because it's definitely not nearly at Beta testing stage now.

I need volunteers to test it.
Preferably fairly computer literate ones because it's going to be crashing on you - u've been warned!

Demo site I made with it can be seen here:

http://www.hostrus.co.uk/tmp/wc/thumbs_1.htm

defiant

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2003, 11:10:10 am »

Yeah, I would like to test it.  Where can I download it?

-- defiant
Pages: [1]   Go Up