INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ISO SACD 5.1 problem  (Read 1561 times)

Baldy

• Recent member
ISO SACD 5.1 problem
« on: May 19, 2015, 04:32:11 am »

ISO SACD 5.1 songs does not play in surround mode when added amongst other stereo flacs in the playlist. I must stop and press play again for it to play with all channels, otherwise its just stereo.

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
ISO SACD 5.1 problem
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 12:57:48 pm »

ISO SACD 5.1 songs does not play in surround mode when added amongst other stereo flacs in the playlist. I must stop and press play again for it to play with all channels, otherwise its just stereo.
I would suspect that they have not done so in any previous version.

(This thread is only for new bugs, post a new thread to discuss ongoing issues.)

BTW, this is likely a matter of getting your setup correct.   To do what you require, you must be using one DAC that will play both stereo and 5.1, and you must have settings just right in Tools->Options->Audio.

Baldy

• Recent member
ISO SACD 5.1 problem
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 04:03:17 am »

I would suspect that they have not done so in any previous version.

(This thread is only for new bugs, post a new thread to discuss ongoing issues.)

BTW, this is likely a matter of getting your setup correct.   To do what you require, you must be using one DAC that will play both stereo and 5.1, and you must have settings just right in Tools->Options->Audio.

So my setup can make the playlist and stop/play behavior change!? Please explain this.

kstuart

ISO SACD 5.1 problem
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 12:31:38 pm »

So my setup can make the playlist and stop/play behavior change!? Please explain this.

"Change" from what ?   Did it work differently in an earlier version ?

Baldy

• Recent member
ISO SACD 5.1 problem
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 03:48:39 pm »

Change from working to not working ofcourse, without me changing setup...

sirkus

• World Citizen
Re: ISO SACD 5.1 problem
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 05:43:29 pm »

I must stop and press play again for it to play with all channels, otherwise its just stereo.
Same problem for me when switching from stereo to mch. It always been like that.

Baldy

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 12:21:59 am »

Ok, maybe it didn't start with version 20.0.108, but i'm not so sure it has been like that always?  :o

sirkus

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 12:02:17 pm »

Mine is 20.0.103. Unfortunately, I don't have MC 19 installed anymore to test it. But, I don't remember it has worked. I don't test it on every version, since I know it doesn't work.

kstuart

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 12:49:32 pm »

If you describe your hardware
and also your setting in tools->options->audio->DSP & output format for output encoding, Channels, and mixing
and also your settings in tools->optoins->audio->bitstreaming

then we can start to diagnose.

Otherwise, you expect that tech support consists of mind readers.

sirkus

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 03:44:17 pm »

You are correct. But, mch alone, works as it should. And, when switching from 2 ch to Blu-Ray mch, it works, too. Only switching from 2 ch to SACD mch requires a "Stop". So, I never thought it has something to do with my settings.

Here they are:
DSP: 7.1, no up/down mix, 192 upsample (because of 192 DACs), volume normalization, room control, channels re-order (not sure needed), Plogue Bidule VST (eq, bass mngmt, etc...)
Audio: RME HDSP (AES), ASIO, no bitstream

Baldy

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 01:10:58 pm »

You are correct. But, mch alone, works as it should. And, when switching from 2 ch to Blu-Ray mch, it works, too. Only switching from 2 ch to SACD mch requires a "Stop". So, I never thought it has something to do with my settings.

Exactly, I can't understand what my setup has todo with that the Mediacenter need me to stop the playing Mch file to get it to play in surround mode if the file before was in stereo, when it works for example if I have only surround files in a playlist so it never needs to switch between stereo and Mch...How can my setup have anything todo with that!? I asked for an explanation earlier too why my setup info is needed, but still haven't got one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up